Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone order a Springfield 1911 from the Custom Shop? How long do they typically take? Does it matter if you order a Custom Carry or a Pro? Does one take longer than the other?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Call the custom shop

1-800-617-6751 and you will have your questons answered in just a couple of mins

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is true... that's one way i could get my answer... but i prefer to do it through people, some of whom i know i can trust to give me a no bullsh*t answer.

that is the advantage of having and being involved in boards like this. in the 3+ years i have been a member here, i have grown to know who a few people are and when they answer me, i know i can trust them.

i know no one at SA and don't trust someone who has a vested interest in selling me something.

so... anyone with an answer to my question? :D

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have talked to the custom shop and talked directly with one of the smiths, I feel he gave no BS answers.

Good Luck though :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi there,

I'd second the recommendation for calling the Custom Shop directly. Deb is the head of the shop and is great to work with. She doesn't do BS, at least not in my experiences with her.

If you're ordering directly from the Custom Shop, honestly I'd just order the features you want. If you want everything the Professional has, as far as its safeties, sights, finish, etc. then look around for one on a shelf. (Good luck.)

A Custom Carry is a plain-jane version of a Professional, but it's the same gun. The only difference is the choice of options. The Professional is made for a government contract and the few surplus ones each time around are sold commercially.

So, honestly, if there's something slightly different you'd want from a Professional (e.g. 25 lpi checkering instead of 20, u-notch rear sight instead of a two-dot rear Novak) I'd order a Custom Shop gun from the ground up the way you'd want it.

Calling the shop will give you an estimate of the wait time; offhand I'd guess eight months or more.

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
I ordered my stainless loaded champion from the custom shop... it has a few extras done to it that the normal loaded champions dont.

With that said, my wait was only 2 months, not too bad, but this was before the crunch that started about a month ago. They are backed up a bit right now.... but I promise, it's WORTH waiting for.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I am waiting on a Full Rail Custom Operator - I ordered it 2.5 months ago. I was told that it would be a 9 month wait.

I changed it from 45 to a 9mm. It will also be hard chromed, it will have 25 LPI checkering instead of 20 LPI, the rear of the slide will be serrated, and it will have a bull barrel.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'd go with the TGO1. Its the best 1911 SA builds and does not cost that much more than the Pro. It does not have night sights as standard though.

Its outstanding.

Wait times are generally 6 months to a year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts