Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this LED flashlight online for around $10 and it is approximately 120,000 candlepower and runs on only 1AA battery. A little electrical tape, a 1" Weaver Scope Mount, a few minutes work and I had a custom made gun light. The best thing is, LEDs are not susceptible to recoil and will not burn out for over 100,000 hours. Hope you all like it...I sure do! God bless!

Check out the pics! Let me know what you think.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/master_n/album?.dir=/af86

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the positive comments folks. I plan to adjust the design somewhat and start selling these on eBay. Sorry, no Duct Tape even though it does hold the universe together. :lol: This light has an approximate burn time of 50 hours on 1 AA and I hope to sell it on eBay for a starting bid of $35 with Buy It Now of $50. I have yet to shoot with it on the gun...had plans to do it today but had to look for a place to live instead...somewhat more important. I'll let you all know the results. Keep the feedback coming. It's certainly appreciated! God Bless!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You'll notice that the pictures have changed as I have come up with version 2.0 of my light. It is now held in place with 2 rubber grommets rather than electrical tape...ha, ha...big upgrade huh! Hope you cosmetic connoisseurs enjoy! God Bless!

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I guess I'm going to be the naysayer of the group, but since you asked... IMO it is tacky looking. Sticks out way too far and looks odd. But, that's just my opinion. Plus, you still haven't said how shooting affects it; if it does.

If it screws up one's aim, etc. or actually shooting screws up the flashlight (from the explosion of the gases or whatever), you won't do so well financially. But, if you have enough people that have the same opinion of everyone but me on this thread, you will do great (and of course, there is no negative effect when shooting).

I wish you all the luck on ebay and hope you make a million dollars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The range results are it. The light was tested with 100 rounds while being on constantly and never budged an inch nor were there any negative effects on aim or the light itself. I do appreciate to honest opinions of everyone and will take them all into consideration in the further improvement of my design. Hope to hear more from you all. Thanks and God bless!

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
A couple things to consider:

candlepower means nothing, as its measurement can be manipulated. Lumens is a much better measurement of a light's power. For a light for tactical use, the powers that be generally recommend a minimum of 60 lumens.

As much as that thing sticks out past the gun, I wonder if it would be a liability by possibly catching on things or hitting something that the gun would normally clear.

How would one reach the on/off tailcap when it is mounted? Having a light constantly on while clearing a house is contrary to what many LE departments teach as the best use of a light. Having the momentary on/off ability is muy importante for tactical use. And let's face it: if you're mounting it to the gun, it's there for "tactical" use.

That being said, it looks interesting. Figure out a way to reach the on/off button or add a tape switch that can mount to the grip, and make sure that it's at least 60 lumens, and it would probably sell even better.

BTW, what brand of light is it? I might just get one for the car's glovebox.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts