Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin owns his own leather business where he makes wallets, shoes, belts and many other things. I contacted him last month and asked him if he had ever made a holster before. He had indicated that he hadn't but would be interested in making one if I wanted him too. I sent him some links and videos on some of the more popular holsters crossbreed, king tuck, etc and wanted to use that for a base line model. He also made me a belt as well that is super stiff and more of a designer looking belt rather than the tactical velcro one that I currently have when I CCW.

However, I wanted him to add one twist that I rarely see in the holsters on the market. I wanted one that had a spare magazine holder with it as well. We used my Springfield XD SC.40 to form the leather as the holster rather than kydex and then he used epoxy to harden it. He stained the leather with a two tone color and I'm pleased with the end result. It is being shipped to me as of today and hopefully will get to have it by Tuesday or Wednesday. He said he wants my honest opinion if anything needs to be adjusted or tweaked at all. Gonna wear it around the house first and see how she does then take it for a trip to Wally World. I have attached a picture below. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
pretty sweet looking. will be interested to see how it feels. it seems the back pad is rather large but a spare clip is awesome.

you should post back with comfort level and pics of it in use (like with different types of shirts to see if it prints or bulges)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pretty sweet looking. will be interested to see how it feels. it seems the back pad is rather large but a spare clip is awesome.

you should post back with comfort level and pics of it in use (like with different types of shirts to see if it prints or bulges)
I talked to him about the back pad and he said he'd rather start off bigger than smaller. We can always cut it down if needed for more comfort. It looked large to me as well. We will see how it works out. I will post up pics with me wearing it when it arrives. He said he overnighted it so good chance it will be here Monday. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts