Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few pics on the net of an XD with a custom grip. It's not a stick-on or a slide-on rubber grip. It looks like someone took a needle gun to the handle and put a bunch of tiny holes in it. If I had to describe it I would say it looks kind of like the small holes on a volcanic rock. Anyone know what I'm talking about and how I can get it done?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Do a quick search on this forum on "grip stippling" and you will find what you speak of. It is actually remelting you grip w/ a hot iron or other instrument.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I've got a Kershaw knife that has stippling. I love it. I'm trying to find someone that can do exactly like it on my XD9.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually I found what I was looking for on the Springfield Armory custom page. They have it priced for $195 but I don't know if I want to spend that much. It doesn't look much different from what you have Loves2Shoot.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nevermind, found what I want even more on SpringerPrecision but I don't see prices. Think I'll have to give them a call and see what they have to offer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The price for that work is pretty good but I don't like being without my XD for 4-6 weeks. Do they usually have a quicker turn around or is it right on 4-6 weeks? I really like the "snake skin" look, anyone know how it feels? Looks like it would be a lot more more comfortable then the stock grip.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i did the front and back strap on my sub, i used a soldering iron with a tip i sharpened up a bit, i highly suggest practice, time and rest while doing it.

i did an AR grip to start with.

practice and remember the plastics all melt at different temps so when you do it be very careful with how much pressure you apply untill you get it figured out, and don't inhale the fumes. :razz:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts