Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get my XD SC re-finished. I was considering having it sent to Springfield Custom to get it Black-T finished, but I was wondering if they would do more of a custom approach for me.
I want the slide Black-T'ed, but I wanted my controls chromed/nickled, as well as having my barrel chromed/nickled.

Does anyone know if Springfield Customs will do this type of request, and if not, where I could find a shop where i could get that done?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i sent mine to robar and loved what they do... also custom creations on sigforum.com do great things. between those two you can't go wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
Call them

Then put it on the order form as discussed.
I would not see why it would be an issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
That combination sounds very nice, the Armory Kote is the only finish SA Custom Shop does in house, the others they send to the respected companies that do those finishes. So expect a little longer time for them to do the work. Take a look at the XD Custom Worksheet for prices and info. Springfield Armory

Here are a few pics of mine after getting Armory Kote finish.

·
Registered
297 Posts
That combination sounds very nice, the Armory Kote is the only finish SA Custom Shop does in house, the others they send to the respected companies that do those finishes. So expect a little longer time for them to do the work. Take a look at the XD Custom Worksheet for prices and info. Springfield Armory

Here are a few pics of mine after getting Armory Kote finish.

Is the logo on top of the slide still visible after the coating? Also, do you think the nail polish technique of coloring in the engravings would still adhere? Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts