Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wasn't happy with my Colt Combat Commander for cosmetic, safety and functional reasons and sent it off to Dave Sams of Sams Custom Gunworks to have those corrected. What came back was a marked improvement. Not a surprise considering his background. I need to get some full length grips for carry, but not sure what to pick up yet. I figured the photos need to go up now while I figure out grips ;)

Sams Custom Gunworks LLC

Ed Brown stainless two-piece 25 LPI MSH
Ed Brown Ambi-Safety Tactical
Ed Brown Stainless Grip Screws
Re-fit trigger
Re-fit factory beaver tail
Bevel/Blend Magazine Well
De-horn all edges
Matt finish entire pistol
Tune Extractor
Throat & Polish
Install match grade bushing
Modified FLGR

·
Premium Member
128,000 Posts
Sharp!

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Well done, looks like quality work.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Looks sharp.

How's she shoot?
Timing is everything, mine is poor. I waited the better part of 6 months and unfortunately I'm now in a Weapons Tactics Instructor course so it will be a while before I can get to a civilian range. The work was done by one of the best Bullseye Gunsmiths in America so it will shoot. I thought about taking it to the weekly league practice and using it for Bullseye for giggles.

Been fighting the urge of a Colt 1911 for months now.. your post isn't helping.
After having paid more to fix all the defects in the pistol than what it cost, I can safely say that Colt is off my RADAR for a while. If I was getting another commander I would pay the extra money for a Dan Wesson Classic Bobtail with the Ed Brown parts.

very nice. Did you have to modify the magazine bottom plate to sit flush, or?
Yep, the Ed Brown 2 Piece magazine well bevel is flush the frame bevel. They were matched, but there is a small bolt in the mag well so you can remove it if you choose to.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Congrats! Looks great!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts