Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cue the twangy guitars.

Mix yourself a martini--shaken, not stirred.

Picture the bikini babe getting out of the pool...

When I stopped by my dealer to arrange for the Cobra...it was in the case. It HAD to come home with me.

Beretta 71 .22LR with a factory threaded barrel. The pistol didn't have enough points for importation, so the permanently affixed the fake can...but, I think I found where they pinned it, and I might take it off...

Legend is these were Israeli...and I like the legend.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Another very cool find, you're on a roll lately.

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Sweet.

I am working up a serious case of jealousy over your recent purchases! :)

·
Registered
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I suspect this is the last for a while...

And thanks. This is just odd enough that I'm gonna have to hang onto it.

And it's single action only, to boot. The trigger ain't half bad; slipped a snap cap in and shot the TV a few dozen times.

The sights are useless, though. Completely blocked.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Great find Cuda!
I'd be very jealous but I know nobody can find any .22lr still!

·
Registered
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great find Cuda!
I'd be very jealous but I know nobody can find any .22lr still!
I can find .22 fairly often out here; usually .06-.07/rd for blaster-grade (Blaser, Thunderbolt, Federal, etc...).

Stuff like Mini-Mags, Stingers, etc run around .10-.20/rd.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I haven't gone on the prowl for .22lr ammo in a while. I might need too. And then get a stainless slab side Buckmark..

·
Registered
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And it's a shooter...

Took it to the range after voting this morning; since the sights are useless, I didn't expect much...7 yards, and it was getting about 3" groups; at 50 feet, it opened up to about six inches...not a single failure, with the exception of a dud round.

I ran mainly Golden Bullets, but also put a few MiniMags, Stingers, Velocitors, and Power Points through it. All reliable...and, I ran a half magazine of the 60gr Aguila SSS...it fed and functioned, but at 7 yards, you could see the bullets beginning to keyhole.

It's a super-soft shooting pistol, which one would expect considering that the fake can weighs more than the pistol itself...and there is absolutely zero muzzle rise.

The 8 round mag is a bit difficult to load to capacity; it was fairly easy to get six or seven loaded, but the eighth was a pain.

All in all, I'm quite pleased with it; I need to find a couple of the larger caliber models of this...a .25 or .32 would be a hoot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts