Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perusing the boards I decided that I was going to either get a Tucker Answer or Comptac CTAC. Since everyone always recommends a good gun belt that was also high on my list. Putting the two together I decided that if I was going to bother concealing at all I may as well do a good job.

This prompted me to look into "clipless" carry options, of which a good gun belt with velcro and an Answer/CTAC/Vclips seemed best.

The belt is a 1.5" Tucker Gunleather Bullhide gun belt with velcro sewn in.

I'm 5'9" and weigh in at 130lbs, so I don't think I have the same build as many here, but these pictures should give you an idea of what you can expect. I tucked my shirt in all instances to show "worst case" scenarios.

More pictures available here

Overall I really like the setup, and the elimination of the visible clips is a great thing IMHO. Depending on how diligent you are at adjusting your rig, you may have a slight bit of the clip visible under the bottom of the belt (as can be seen in a few of my photos).

I'll update after I go to an IDPA match on how the setup is over a long period, but I'm expecting good things. The CTAC is comfortable at 4:30, and the belt (though rigid) works well.
-hype

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
therooster said:
what about when you bend over? it doesnt stick out of your back like a shark fin?
It definitely prints if I bend at the waist (especially on my frame), but like others always say; just bend your knees.

I canted the holster pretty far forward though, so the butt of the gun rides right up against my side.
-hype

·
Registered
65 Posts
What size waist are you?
I must be about your size, 5'8", 140lb, 28in waist
I'm trying to conceal my XD9SC but can't find a good setup.
Being so thin the bulge of a gun alone is quite obvious, even worse when it's shoved in a thick holster.
Really the best way for me is SOB and I've read peoples opinions on why thats not so good (potential for back injury) and I have to agree.
Would you be willing to snap a few more pics taken with a fitted t-shirt untucked?
No reviews on the bord of this holster so far but it looks like it's worth a try. Super thin and a no questions asked guarantee!
http://www.threatsolutions.com/holsterindex.html

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tattoo said:
What size waist are you? I must be about your size, 5'8", 140lb, 28in waist.
You're pretty close... I'm 5'9", 130lbs. 29in. waist.

Would you be willing to snap a few more pics taken with a fitted t-shirt untucked?
I'm moving for a good portion of this week, so all of my stuff is packed up, but when I get a chance I'll take some more pictures. An untucked shirt (even fitted) would make it easier to conceal the XD9SC than the pictures I have posted.
-hype

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
My XD prints from the 4:00+ position exactly like a sharkfin. :lol:

I have to bend over a lot during the day because I have two small kids that either need to be picked up or are constantly dropping things..

I ended up moving it up to about a 3:15-3:30 position, but I could not get my C-TAC to hold the crazy cant I wanted so I had to modify one of the clips.

Those V-Clips look great though, and I REALLY want one of those gun belts. I'm thinking of getting a Gunner's Alley belt.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am 5'11'' and 180lbs. I wear the c-tac (with c-clips) at the 3:00-3:30 position, with the cant as far forward as the holster will allow without modification. I can reach forward to take items off the store shelf or fill my plate at the buffet without printing a thing. If I bend all the way over at the waist, the grip end does print through a t-shirt. However, I rarely bend over at the waist in public. If I need to bend down at the grocery store, I bend at the knees. Problem solved. Under most normal conditions, there is no way anyone will ever 'make' me. The gun rides tight against my waist and cants forward far enough that the grip handle is against my flank, not sticking out behind my back. Oh, I should also mention that I rarely tuck a shirt into my pants, even though it is quite possible with the holster. I almost always wear my shirts hanging at the waist which allows for a little extra concealability.

For the money, I think this is a great holster for daily concealed carry. I wasn't sure I wanted to gamble 70 bucks on a holster that I had never seen or used before. But I placed my bet and I won!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts