Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any XD owners here in the Constitution State?
Im not one yet, but am thinking about it.

·
Registered
885 Posts
9mmxd said:
Why you want to move there? They have some of the funny gun laws too. They are the states with the AWB:

California, Hawaii, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Massachusetts and Connecticut.

Require a permit to purchase a handgun. NICS and State system check. Your sale is recorded and drum roll please......14 day waiting period to buy a handgun!!!! FTS!!!!!

At least they do not ban hi-cpa mags. That would be funny since there are a few companies that make M16 mags for the military in CT.

·
Registered
833 Posts
California, Hawaii, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Umm not MD, least that Colt AR15 I went to look at today says other wise. We have a few restrictions like Mag cap at 20, but we are not as bad as Cali-lol

·
Registered
885 Posts
Corey G said:
Umm not MD, least that Colt AR15 I went to look at today says other wise. We have a few restrictions like Mag cap at 20, but we are not as bad as Cali-lol
You can spin it any way but here is what I was talking about:

ASSAULT WEAPONS

State law restricts the sale of a list of semiautomatic assault weapons and their copies. The sale of assault pistols is prohibited. The sale of other assault weapons requires a seven day waiting period. State law restricts the sale of rapid-fire ammunition magazines that hold more than 20 rounds.
Just stating the facts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
9mmxd said:
My Oops. Rookie mistake. I live in CT, and am not yet a XD owner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CT is tough, but hey, Ive picked up pre-ban Ar's now that they are plentiful, we can have Class 3, Supressors and such. Ive driven right by O.K. industries, and bough some nice new 30 rd mags a few doors away at a dealer.
The 14 day wait isn't true if you have your CCW.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just moved to CT from the beautiful state of NJ. NJ is not bad at all, once you have your Firearms ID Card you can buy and long gun same day, but you need to obtain a pistol permit each time you want to purchase a handgun, not too bad. I am just finishing up my CT pistol permit class this Sunday so that I can transport my pistol to the range and I could carry if I wanted to, but I'm not too much into that. Once I have the permit I think I can purchase pistols same day, I think. At leat I didnt move to communist nation California. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts