Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,

I just received an awsome bi-tone XDM 40 for Christmas (best gift ever?) and l couldn't be happier with it. But I did have a question about the tigger safety...

I have noticed my trigger safety itself feels and sounds crunchy/creaky when pulled (before the main trigger moves). This is more of an aesthetic concern as the gun has performed flawlessly but I still wanted to ask if this is normal for the pistol. If so, has anybody figured out a way to smooth out the feel?

A minor issue to a great gun. The trigger itself is smoothing out quickly and I have no complaints there!

BTW, has HS begun to offer this gun yet? I didn't see it on their website. Guess we Americans are some lucky folk! :)

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
My XDm trigger is as smooth as a baby's backside. Yours may smooth out as well after breaking it in with 300 rounds

If you want to experience 'crunchy,' try firing a Ruger SR9 with the post-recall trigger. It's like the trigger has two stages. I've gotten used to it though, and other than that, the SR9 is a great gun.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Howdy all,

I just received an awsome bi-tone XDM 40 for Christmas (best gift ever?) and l couldn't be happier with it. But I did have a question about the tigger safety...

I have noticed my trigger safety itself feels and sounds crunchy/creaky when pulled (before the main trigger moves). This is more of an aesthetic concern as the gun has performed flawlessly but I still wanted to ask if this is normal for the pistol. If so, has anybody figured out a way to smooth out the feel?

A minor issue to a great gun. The trigger itself is smoothing out quickly and I have no complaints there!

BTW, has HS begun to offer this gun yet? I didn't see it on their website. Guess we Americans are some lucky folk! :)
Did you try lubing the spring on the trigger safety? and the safety itself?

·
Registered
72 Posts
My trigger safety is squeaky and rough feeling also. I don't know if it's normal or not, but it doesn't bother me any. I can't hear it under a normal trigger pull, only if I pull the trigger safety itself, without pulling the actual trigger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did put a touch of gun oil on the safety spring but it didn't seem to help. It feels as if the spring coils may be rubbing on a surface or catching a bit of an edge up inside the trigger mechanism. But its minor and doesn't effect the operation at all. As it sounds like my pistol is not the only one with this characteristic, I'll stop worrying and just enjoy this great pistol.

Thanks for the responses!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
My XD40SC's trigger safety spring makes some noise as well, but I guess I never really noticed it until you pointed it out... thanks a lot!

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
It wears in after about a hundred rounds down range. My wifes did the same.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a squeaky trigger on my Xdm 40 and the fix for me was to take out the trigger and put some grease all around spring in the trigger....silent and smooth as butter now :)

edit: crap sorry to resurrect this thing...didnt realize thread date :(

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Drive out the pin that holds the trigger safety so you can remove the spring and safety. Inspect. Use a fine file, fine sand paper to smooth out any rough edges. Reassemble, lube and enjoy.

The trigger safety is a physical block device. it keeps the main trigger from moving backwards due to a part of the safety hitting the trigger housing if it is not depressed. That's it. Just a piece of plastic on a pivot with a spring to hold it out.

·
Registered
862 Posts
that part is nothing but silky smooth since I bought it. I lube just about everything but never specifically sought out that part.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My XDm 9 4.5 has the same issue right out of the box, it's a little click of the spring when the safety is pressed. I don't feel it or hear it unless I put it close to my ear.

·
Premium Member
7,075 Posts
My XDm 9 4.5 has the same issue right out of the box, it's a little click of the spring when the safety is pressed. I don't feel it or hear it unless I put it close to my ear.
Please don't do that again. :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts