Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super Tuck Deluxe OR Minotaur MTAC??? Which is better??

I can't decide between these two for a XD9. Opinions needed......

Thx

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I have had the Crossbreed Super Tuck for over a year and love it. I carry my Service XD40 and it conceals it very well for being such a large gun. I've never owned a MTAC so I cant say much about them.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
i have a cbst and i really like it but the mtac appears to be very similar and ive heard good things about it on here so i dont think you'd make a bad choice either way. since i have the cbst ill recommend it (along with many others on here) and from what ive heard the customer service from crossbreed is excellent.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I own both, love both, but I prefer the Comp Tac. Both are equally comfortable. I just feel like the leather of the Comp Tac is a slightly higher quality. I also like that you can swap out the kydex and use it for multiple guns.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I own both, love both, but I prefer the Comp Tac. Both are equally comfortable. I just feel like the leather of the Comp Tac is a slightly higher quality. I also like that you can swap out the kydex and use it for multiple guns.
I got the MTAC for my Glock 30 and love it. Changing out the kydex was the selling point for me. I'll be ordering the kydex for my XD45 soon.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Can't speak for the Crossbreed, but I've had the MTAC for about 4 years and am very pleased with it.

Comp-Tac also makes quality kydex-lined leather gun belts. (I have one in tan and black).

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I've owned both and have standardized on the CrossBreed. The Kydex on my MTAC crushed under the tension of my belt (same tension as CrossBreed) and made re-holstering difficult and dangerous.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I've owned both and have standardized on the CrossBreed. The Kydex on my MTAC crushed under the tension of my belt (same tension as CrossBreed) and made re-holstering difficult and dangerous.
Man, you had to of had some defective kydex or something... I remember you mentioned that before and I tried to see if it was possible, I didn't even come close. The kydex on my Comp Tac feels as equally sturdy as the Crossbreed.

·
Banned
1,155 Posts
I have the Comp Tac and love it. Ordered it and had it in my hands in 4 days. Use it for my 3.8 40. Im getting another gun and do I need to spend another $80 no, just 30 something for a kydex shell. That and the turn around time sold me.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Man, you had to of had some defective kydex or something... I remember you mentioned that before and I tried to see if it was possible, I didn't even come close. The kydex on my Comp Tac feels as equally sturdy as the Crossbreed.
Could've been. I work with Kydex quite a bit myself and couldn't see any flaws.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
Another vote for the supertuck. Great holster, great customer service.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Both are quality holsters, first of all. I have had both, but only have the Comptac now. Here's why. The Minoteur always you to change out the Kydex bodies to fit other guns, the Crossbreed does not.

I would still own the Supertuck but I gave to my son when I transferred one of my subcompacts to him. I do like the fact that the Crossbreed distributes the weight of the gun better becasue it is a little wider. However, I have several different guns that I carry, and only one holster to fit all - The Comptac. Just my experience. Good luck.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Super Tuck Deluxe OR Minotaur MTAC??? Which is better??

I can't decide between these two for a XD9. Opinions needed......

Thx
Would you be in an area were the SuperTuck Deluxe made from horsehide versus cowhide leather provide you with more value to due a humid environment?

I have not owned or used the Minotaur MTAC so I can't comment on this holster. I think these are only made from cowhide.

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
:cool:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have both. I love my Crossbreeds, but I also love my MTAC. I find both comfortable to carry and they do their job very well... I think in the future I won't be buying any new Crossbreeds though because of the price vs getting just a kydex body from comp-tac. If I can't get a body from comp-tac for a particular pistol then I would order a crossbreed in a heartbeat.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts