Springfield XD Forum banner

Crossbreed Snapslide and Minislide

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  stevefromOH 
I own a SnapSlide, and within 4 months use carrying my XD40 4" in the winter I bought a leather Barber Leatherworks OWB holster used from a forum member here.

The kydex on my SnapSlide cracked on the front (where the slide sits) from the top of the kydex and the crack just kept growing. They have a lifetime warranty, I just never got around to sending it back since I didn't love it enough to keep using it anyways. My opinion is that it just couldnt take the added stress pulling inward from my belt (and no, I NEVER wore it without a gun in it). Being pulled inward from the ends seems like a way to add stress to the kydex that it just cant handle.

If you want an OWB kydex holster get a full kydex holster or a nice leather holster, don't mix and match. The combination seems to work well IWB (I carry my Kahr K9 in a WhiteHat MaxTuck daily), but I had poor results with the combo OWB.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.