Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide on which IWB holster to get and I think I have narrowed it down to these two. If I went with the comp-tac I would most likely get the c-tac due to how adjustable it is and if I went with the crossbreed I would get the super tuck. I like the idea of the super tuck cause I think I would also like to get the smaller version for my kel-tec so I would be familiar with both.

Really I'm looking for opinions on which one and I'm open to other suggestions but I am limited to the price range that these fall into. It will be for 4in compact.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Luke

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
Crossbreed, Mine is the best.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've got four C-Tacs: XDs 45 tactical and 40sc, 1911's in 4 and 3 inch.

Get the little parts kit for about 8 bucks. I got several different belt clips, 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 widths. It's very sturdy-broke first belt clip after about 1 year of daily use--but I did what the directions say not too, so...

Customer service is exceptional--delivery quick even when back-ordered. They provide a running documentary on the order process which is just spooky. And they send Smarties!

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
I've got a CTAC and an MTAC. For your application I'd go with the MAC, just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
crossbreed supertuck

go to the crossbreed section and find the thread on this very topic

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Comp-Tac MTAC. I've owned a Supertuck and the MTAC. The Crossbreed is a fine holster. It's well made, functional, and good service. The MTAC shows better quality, in my opinion. Leather is nicer, the design is slightly more compact, and replaceable bodies lets you keep your nicely broken-in holster when you change pistols.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So about half and half figures...haha. So I really like the fact that cross breed has a lifetime warranty compared to a 1yr warranty form comptac. Does anyone have any experience with how they carry? I haven't started carrying yet so I'm not sure how I perfer it yet but I was considering either right side around 4 or 5 oclock but would like the option of possible appendix carry but the crossbreed website says that its not that great for that option.

Im also kinda confused about what kind of options are availbale through crossbreed (standard model v. premium, are they cant adjustable)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I have a Supertuck for my XD9 subcompact (works with my XD45 Tactical) and one for my EMP (works with my Loaded Champion). The Supertuck is very comfortable for me. I usually wear it at 3:00-3:30 all day long. You can easily adjust the cant with the Supertuck.

To qualify that, I have not used any other holster. So, I have nothing to compare the Supertuck to. I made the decision to get my first Supertuck after reading up on holsters. Buying the second one was a no brainer for me.

Good luck with your decision. I am sure that there are many great options out there.

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Premium Member
127,789 Posts
They are both great holsters, but I went with the CrossBreed SuperTuck and have never regretted the decision.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
So about half and half figures...haha. So I really like the fact that cross breed has a lifetime warranty compared to a 1yr warranty form comptac. Does anyone have any experience with how they carry? I haven't started carrying yet so I'm not sure how I perfer it yet but I was considering either right side around 4 or 5 oclock but would like the option of possible appendix carry but the crossbreed website says that its not that great for that option.

Im also kinda confused about what kind of options are availbale through crossbreed (standard model v. premium, are they cant adjustable)

Thanks
To answer this specific portion of your question, yes the SuperTuck is adjustable for ride depth and cant. Info on options and general FAQ question are linked below.

options

faq

thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
another cross breed fan here also, my xd 45 compact almost disappears in it, my wife doesn't even know when i am carrying. no i just need the cross breed belt to go with it

·
Registered
96 Posts
CTAC all the way! I wear my XD9SC in my CTAC all day, 4 o'clock position, and it's very comfortable; even when driving. I wear an A shirt so the Kydex shell is never in direct contact with my skin. If you don't wear an undershirt, go with the MTAC.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
DM Bullard or Tennessee Gunworks would be my choices...One of these is going to be the next purchase...Probably the Bullard that was shown IWB, OWB convertable...(No rag top comments please...;) )

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys. After looking at all the info I could really find I think I have made my decsion although it was a pretty hard one. I will most likely go with the supertuck for the fact that he offers a lifetime warranty(that has to say something about the product), he is a forum supporter and is is located in my state. Especially after reading all opinions it seemed like I couldn't go wrong either way so those reasons pushed my over the edge.

Thanks again and I probably wont be ordering for a few days so if a new argument can come up to convience me other wise..haha

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have the MTAC and love it. That said, I haven't worn a supertuck so I can't be a judge.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts