Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting a CrossBreed holster for my XD-S, but I'm not sure if I want the MiniTuck or the QwikClip. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on advantages/disadvantages or any suggestions. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can't go wrong with an XDs and the mini tuck. The XDs is not real light and I think having two clips to distribute the weight is a plus. Great combination, comfortable and conceals very good. Horsehide is a good option.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Crossbreed will get my vote also. I use a supertuck with my own combat cut, pretty nice rig. It flat stays were u put and is very confortable.

·
Registered
240 Posts
more comfortable for long days .

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I have the Supertuck in horsehide for my XDM 9mm 4.5 and very happy with it. Have had it for two years now.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Great question, been wondering the same thing for my Shield. I have a Supertuck for my XD 40 Tactical and I love it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One thing I was wondering about the CrossBreed QwikClip was why the clip is offset like that rather the more centered like the Little Foxx. Leaning towards the MiniTuck at this point. Just still curious about the QwikClip.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have been very happy with my Nate-Squared tactical (N8Sqd) made for my 4" XD full size but I use my XD-SC in it... this holster covers the WHOLE GRIP and keeps any sharp tactical grip edges from cutting your flesh. During our "summer" I wore this with a short-sleeved casual/dress shirt and no tee. It also locks the gun in place and it will not "walk/squeeze out" when getting up and down from sitting... as did my Firestar in a more expensive holster. That walking-out cost one CCW holder his permit when he lost his gun in a theater right after that Arizona massacre.
This is "Tuckable" and has only one clip exposed on the belt. Keep all options open and don't fixate on brands. Good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually have a N82...It's comfy against my skin but no matter how much I've practiced I can't seem to do the twist draw thing with anything remotely resembling a good grip. I feel like part of th issue for me is the grip on the XD-S is so short I can't get good leverage for the twist. Otherwise it's definitely a well made and comfy holster. Just doesn't seem to be working for me.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
2 clips are the way to go. I have a Qwikclip for a small .380 and the thing slowly rotates, at times around the offset clip, from my movements. Never had a problem with the crossbreed I carry my Walther PPS in, 2 clips.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I switched from a Crossbreed to a Cook's Kydex IWB holster and I absolutely loved it so much I bought one for my Ruger LCP as well. It is thin and very comfy, protects the weapon all the way up the slide (no skin contact on weapon) and holds it perfectly. That being said, the Crossbreeds are top notch as well. :)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Thinking about getting a CrossBreed holster for my XD-S, but I'm not sure if I want the MiniTuck or the QwikClip. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on advantages/disadvantages or any suggestions. Thanks!

I can't speak for the Qwik, but the MiniTuck feels like it was made for the XD-S. I wear mine 12-13 hours a day, 2-3 days a week with slacks and dress shirts.

The horsehide stays pretty cool and feels fine against my under layer. I'm not sure if it makes that big of a difference but I'd spring for it again if I ordered another. YMMV

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
You don't need 2 clip holsters for the XDs mine sat perfectly stable in a Harwell clip n go.

·
Registered
89 Posts
get both. I love my quick clip for last min outings but when I plan on going out and carrying, I always go with my mini tuck.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You don't need 2 clip holsters for the XDs mine sat perfectly stable in a Harwell clip n go.
Although I do agree with you, the Harwell Clip N' Go is different from the Crossbreed Qwik Clip; specifically, the clip is in a different position which makes a large disparity.

If we're only talking about the MiniTuck vs QwikClip, I would go with the MiniTuck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts