Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My crossbreed supertuck just came in for my xdm 9mm compact and I am so thrilled about it. I've been wearing it around the house and playing with the cant and I'm still finding that I print pretty easily just bending over or getting up out of a chair/couch/sofa. Im a small framed guy 5'9'', 150lbs and im trying to get this to conceal well with just a t shirt or a polo shirt.

any tips/advice would be great!

·
Registered
755 Posts
odds are its not as bad as you think. when i wear thin/tights shirts i move holster up to 2:30/3:00 so i can pretty much feel it with my elbow and that is about the best i can conceal it, but its not the most comfy.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Hello all,

My crossbreed supertuck just came in for my xdm 9mm compact and I am so thrilled about it. I've been wearing it around the house and playing with the cant and I'm still finding that I print pretty easily just bending over or getting up out of a chair/couch/sofa. Im a small framed guy 5'9'', 150lbs and im trying to get this to conceal well with just a t shirt or a polo shirt.

any tips/advice would be great!
Bigger shirt. I usually wear a XLG when CCing; I have a few LG shirts still for the (rare) occasion when I am not CCing. What kinda belt are you using?

EDIT: I am 6'2''/205lbs and CC a Commander-sized 1911.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just a walmart belt right now

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i understand, but retention doesn't seem to be the issue. i think its trying to find the right cant angle or what position to wear it at. I think i have it at 3:30 like most people recommend.

anytime i bend over the but of the grip just protrudes outing my shirt gets pinched under the grip when i straighten back up. is this normal?

also, the holster is brand spanking new, so will just wearing it let it fit more snugly?

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
i understand, but retention doesn't seem to be the issue. i think its trying to find the right cant angle or what position to wear it at. I think i have it at 3:30 like most people recommend.

anytime i bend over the but of the grip just protrudes outing my shirt gets pinched under the grip when i straighten back up. is this normal?

also, the holster is brand spanking new, so will just wearing it let it fit more snugly?
I've never had an issue with my shirt getting pinched under the grip. When I first started CCing I used my regular (LG at the time) shirts, but soon realized that the grip stuck out when I bent over.

In addition to a larger shirt I also no longer bend over normally; I kind of drop to one knee in almost a small lunge to pick up whatever I have dropped. And I try my damnedest to not drop anything;)

·
Registered
653 Posts
I use a Supertuck and a Crossbreed velcro belt, worn about 3:30-4, and have minimal printing issues. I can conceal pretty easily with just a t-shirt. Lots of times I'll tuck a black undershirt or Under Armour shirt in around the holster and then throw a polo or tshirt over that, which covers just in case my shirt rides up. I'm about 5'10" and 160, athletic/no fat build, and never feel like I'm printing. No one's ever noticed, except the few people who know I carry and are actively looking for it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use a Supertuck and a Crossbreed velcro belt, worn about 3:30-4, and have minimal printing issues. I can conceal pretty easily with just a t-shirt. Lots of times I'll tuck a black undershirt or Under Armour shirt in around the holster and then throw a polo or tshirt over that, which covers just in case my shirt rides up. I'm about 5'10" and 160, athletic/no fat build, and never feel like I'm printing. No one's ever noticed, except the few people who know I carry and are actively looking for it.
how do you have your clips set up?

·
Registered
653 Posts
how do you have your clips set up?
Right now, if the holster is on, the forward clip is in the very top hole, and the further back clip is in the second from the top hole. I feel like this gives me the best balance between concealment and being able to get a good, fast grip on the gun during drawing.

However, I've gone back and forth between a number of clip setups. What I did back when I first got it was systematically move one clip one hole, and then wear that for 2 or 3 days. It took a couple of weeks to figure out exactly how I wanted to wear it, and I'll still mess around with it every once in a while. Right now, though, I'm pretty comfortable with where I have it.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

The retention may seem good, but the walmart belt is going to let it sag just a little bit, and that might make it print more easily.
If money is an issue, then check out the amish belts at Hanks clothing online. I have ordered one and waiting for it to come in, but others have said it works well as a gunbelt, and it is only $29.00

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Dont bend at the waist. Squat down to get things.

This is part of carrying concealed and the adjustment you'll have to make, I don't think there is a holster on earth that wont "fishtail" if you bend at the waist like a hinge
:D

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I've never had an issue with my shirt getting pinched under the grip. When I first started CCing I used my regular (LG at the time) shirts, but soon realized that the grip stuck out when I bent over.

In addition to a larger shirt I also no longer bend over normally; I kind of drop to one knee in almost a small lunge to pick up whatever I have dropped. And I try my damnedest to not drop anything;)
Yup.

You'll also need to learn to "slide" into benches and chairs, sounds hard but comes easy pretty quickly.
:D

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Also , realize that 99.9 % of the sheeple aren't even looking to see if you have a weapon concealed. You are more conscience about it then every other non CC'ing person.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Get the crossbreed belt you will not regret it. Also I find darker shirts hide way better.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have the same issue but I think it's more mental than anything. The gun is pretty thick, so you'll have the handle sticking out. I wear mine at 2nd clip from the top in the front and bottom clip on the back. I've been trying to practice sitting positions and bending down to pick things up.

I'm thinking the first time I pick something up...So this is what it feels like to be a girl and not have "wardrobe" malfunctions.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah I'm in the same boat. I have been wearing mine around the house a bunch.

Little things I'll need to retrain myself on such as not bending over /leaning over the handle while pushing a shopping cart around, those sorts of things.

Sent from my HTC Evo on Tapatalk.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The retention may seem good, but the walmart belt is going to let it sag just a little bit, and that might make it print more easily.
If money is an issue, then check out the amish belts at Hanks clothing online. I have ordered one and waiting for it to come in, but others have said it works well as a gunbelt, and it is only $29.00
A gun belt will definitely help. I was in the same situation until I got a gun belt. The only way I can carry without a gun belt is with my remora holsters or when I carry my PM40.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Just like the Playboy bunnies of old, you need to relearn bending over isn't an option. Squat instead. It helps along with the larger tee shirts.
Another thing, so what if you print some. 90% of the population would never notice. The ones that do see something think phone.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a crossbread super tuck, and have a quick question. Mine is making a good bit of noise, how do I get it to stop creeking when walking and such?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts