Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I am wanting a crossbreed for my XD45c 5". I am in FL and the 5" may not be the best for the summer...or for most of the year FAIK. So I just got a Taurud PT145 to replace my Kel Tec P11 becaue I am digging the bigger hole size in the torso of a would be BG. Does anyone have both and a crossbreed and can you comment on the fit of both in the same holster? I have seen a couple of posts hinting that they work fine for both weapons, but I just wanted the straight story.
I don't mind if I need 2 holsters, but I have not shot the pt145 enough to think of it as dependable...where my XD45 is now. Although I did get in on the XDguys offer for their sear, which has some other concerns.
Anyway, thanks in advance.
Tim

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
You might post your question in the Crossbreed sub-forum (down below this one); you'll probably get a response directly from Mark at Crossbreed.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Tim,
I've carried an XD Service in the summer without any problems, and recently upgraded to an XD Tactical. It carries very well in the CrossBreed Super-Tuck, though some may need to get pants +1 size to have a comfortable fit. When I'm carrying in my Super-Tuck, it's like it isn't even there!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a pt-140 and carry it with a crossbreed holster. I bought an xdm 9mm a couple of weeks ago and last night I tried it in my crossbreed holster. I would say it fits perfectly.

As far as I can tell the pt-140 and 145 are the same size. If the xdm 9mm and the XD45c are the same dimensions (other than barrel length) then you should be okay.

If you do get the crossbreed, go ahead and get the combat grip. I didn't and ended up trimming the holster myself. It works but it is not as professional looking. Without the combat grip, I could not get a firm grip on the gun when drawing.

Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts