Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to order a crossbreed holster and a belt. I am a little confused and was wondering if someone that has one can help me. I see the options of J hooks, tabs with velcro backing or the belt clips that come with it. I am not very clear on the difference or what the best option is.

I assume the velcro backing tabs attach to the back of a velcro lined belt and then clip on your pants behind the belt making the holster entirely concealed. Is that correct? I assume that this might not offer as much support as the actual belt clips with the cross on them? And finally, what about the J hooks? I just want to see if somebody can help me before I spend $160 on the holster and belt. Thanks

·
Banned
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so nobody online today that has a crossbreed or knows about the different options? I guess I could call crossbreed but wanted to check here with somebody first.

·
22,004 Posts
You could always email Mark....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry I just have the standard metal clip with cross on it. I use it on regular belts nothing special.

Chap

Chap's iPhone

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I have the standard hooks on mine now but have tried the J hooks. The standard hooks offer the most secure fit to the belt and are really not very visible if you have a black belt. The J hooks are more concealable but don't offload the weight of the gun and holster on the belt as well. Have not tried the velcro which would offer the most concealable carry because I didn't want velco on my belt. You can email or call Mark for more info.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I have the standard hooks on mine now but have tried the J hooks. The standard hooks offer the most secure fit to the belt and are really not very visible if you have a black belt. The J hooks are more concealable but don't offload the weight of the gun and holster on the belt as well. Have not tried the velcro which would offer the most concealable carry because I didn't want velco on my belt. You can email or call Mark for more info.
Yes, this here...

OP, did you read the FAQ section on the crossbreed sight as well?

The velcro is on the back of the belt and the hooks have velcro too, the hook over your pants and go inbetween the pants and belt.

Call or email crossbreed, they will be great

·
Premium Member
127,440 Posts
I have the standard hooks on my CBST and they work just fine for me. I have no experience with the other options.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Standard belt clips and a Blade Tech belt 1.5", works great and the clips are very hard to spot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got the J Hooks with my Crossbreed. There have been times where I have used them instead of the original clips but I can't really tell a difference with either of them. The J Hooks are more stealth if you tuck in your shirt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't get it, why spend 160.00 when for 50.00 you get the kolster holster that's guerteed for life.Look before you spend to much.I have researched and alot of guys who have bought the cross breed, then bought the Kolster, likes the Kolster better.

·
Banned
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't get it, why spend 160.00 when for 50.00 you get the kolster holster that's guerteed for life.Look before you spend to much.I have researched and alot of guys who have bought the cross breed, then bought the Kolster, likes the Kolster better.
$160 is for the belt and the holster together and I meant $140. Never heard of a kolster. I just always seem to read rave reviews of crossbreed.

I guess ill just stick with the hooks that come with it since It seems that's what the majority have.

I like the brown belt better but I guess the hooks would blend better with the black.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts