Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting Crimson Trace Laser Grips for my xd45. I just wanted to know how well they stay on center when you move from 20 feet to 30 feet and so on?Wouldn't the bullet and laser only intersect at one set distance and be difficult to compensate for at longer distances? It is not in line with the barrel vertically or horizontally. The one I have now is mounted under the barrel. I just aim a little high or low with it depending on the distance and it is pretty accurate. So do you have to adjust up and down, and left and right or does it stay on target with the ctl grips? Also, do they stay in place well or do they shift around? Thanks:D

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! That's exactly what I wanted to know. I searched the forums before asking but did not see this one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You are somewhat right in that the bullet and laser will only intersect at a single point when set to one specific distance. That said the difference will be VERY minimal at any "normal" SD pistol distances 10'-75'(25yrds). If you're SD shooting at distances farther than that the need to shoot goes way down.. Better to get out of the situation. If shooting COM at these distances the POI change won't matter much, perhaps 1-2" at most. Take a ruler and hold it up by your heart. Would you notice 1-2" difference if you're shot there? I wouldn't. If target shooting perhaps.
CT lasers are a great tool but also practice with out it on just in case..
Good luck, stay safe. CraigJS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts