Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have been in hiding for a while as I had to sell my XD due to severe financial issues. (Forgive me father for I have sinned) ANYWAY I am back in the position to return to the flock, I am torn between the same XD45 I had before and the new one with the thumb safety. I have read the thumb safety thread, but does anyone own both yet to do a compare? I live with my brother who is also a gun owner so I don't really need the added safety. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
I think it's unnecessary. My gun's plenty safe without the extra thumb-thingy. Some people feel safer with an "on-off switch," but otherwise the XD is already chock-full 'o safety.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
IMHO, the only safety that counts is in-between the ears.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have both versions, I bought the regular one first, and the second when the thumb safety was available. I'm just used to the thumb safety, being an ancient military 1911 guy, so I prefer it.

But, as stated, the XD is very safe in either configuration.

I'm sure you'll be happy either way...if you get a tactical with thumb safety and decide you don't like it, I'll swap you for mine without.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
208 Posts
The fact that there was no manual safety to switch off bringing the gun into play is one of the main reasons I first was interested in the XD. I don't want one with the switch.
Slugger

·
Registered
732 Posts
I do not like the idea of a trigger safety on the Glock and went with the trigger and back strap safety on the XD. I have a 45 compact and a 9mil service.

One safety is a bad idea two are enough and three I don"t feel are needed.Like has been said many times before the best safety is you head.If you brain tells you finger to stay off the trigger no boom.

Pete V

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well thanks for the input, I ended up getting a XD9SC because it was a great deal. It was used but other than holster/storage wear it looks like it was never used. It appears it spent some time in someones sock drawer, there was lint in several of the exposed areas, but 10 minutes on the table at home and it looks great. I would like to still get another XD45, well see how I look money wise in a couple of months.

Thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts