Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday a couple of us went out to the local gun club thinking that we would go out send some rounds down range. Not so, we could not get anyone from the leadership to gain access, but the Kanawaha Valley Regulators were doing practice for next weeks match. Since all we had were moderen firearms they offered to allow us to shoot with some of their firearms. This was great. I was given a set of ball and cap revolvers, 45 long colt lever action rifle and an old greener double barrel 12 gage.

Course of fire was 10 rounds with the pistols at knock down targets, 9 rounds (3 each) at metal pie plates with 1 round at the bonus target. 4 rounds with the shotgun at wood hangers and gophers. This was done twice.

3rd round was 10 rounds with the pistols at 3 different metal plates, 9 rounds with the rifle at three metal plates going 1,2,3 1,2,3 1,2,3 and then 4 rounds with the shotgun at four different knockdown targets.

Next weekend we have been invited to comeout and shoot at the match. I think I might just do it.

After the practice was over I was approached and handed a set of 45 long colt revolvers and about 30 rounds and told to finish the box which I promply did, trying different styles.

I will finish by saying that if any of you get the chance to do anything like this go do it. :D :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Glad you had fun. I use to do it many years ago. My nickled Colt even had my SASS badge number as its serial #. Eventually sold it to Bob Munden's gunsmith shop. I just didn't have time for it anymore. Its a lot of fun though.

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
There are 2 different groups here that shoot Cowboy action. I've been reading up on it and it sounds like lots of fun. One group has been trying to recruit me pretty heavily but I just can't see spending the kind of money it would take just to get started.

I'd love to

But my cowboy name would have to be....

Lonesome bd

'cause my wife would leave me.

bd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts