Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i'm new to the forum. just picked up an xd-40. 2 unrelated questions:

my first question is kind of nit-picky, but: what is a good or even "the best" way to cover scratches on the xd's slide? before i could fire a shot, while taking the thing apart, i let the takedown lever scratch the slide (my carelessness, but of all things that could maybe be made of polymer; that, and a more "glock-like" finish). just a couple inch-long shiny scratches only i would notice, but anyway, they bug me. any suggestions?

second, what're your thoughts on the FireDragon .40 - 9mm conversion kit?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Theres a post with a pic of a blue pen at work floating around here somewhere. Its still kinda obvious that the gun had a scratch there though. I would just deal with it though. I felt the same way you did when I first got the scratch there(many, if not almost all of us have that very scratch). Now, it doesn't bother me in the slightest(maybe a tiny bit).
As far as the conversion barrel goes, I've had a pretty good experience with mine. I would suggest getting 9mm mags along with the barrel. Some people haven't had problems but I found that the rounds got stuck in the 40SW mag, i.e. I'd fire off a shot, then nothing. Remove magazine and see that the next round never moved up. The barrel itself is match grade, and fits well. People say you might need to do some minor fitting but I didn't find the need to.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
If your tool (gun) is shiney, then you aren't using it.

Scratches are just character marks.

Buddy of mine is a fireman, whenever he gets a new helmet he throws it on the ground a couple of times to make it look more used, hates looking like a newb.

Gander Mountain, and I am certain others, sell the scratch cover pens, but as jkswiss said, it generally still shows.

Welcome to the gun nut club.
Any other questions?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. your answers are pretty much what i expected, i.e., don't sweat the small stuff. that said, any other ideas out there.

p.s. i ordered the conversion barrel with a couple 9mm mags. still about $300 cheaper than getting an xd-9. hey, $300 towards an xd tactical with stainless slide...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts