Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good technique/product that does a decent job of covering scratches on the black XD finish?

I have a scratch about 1" long on the bezel where the takedown lever would hit the slide while taking the gun apart. Does that make sense?

Anyhow- I have tried covering it with a black sharpie, but it looks tacky and doesnt hold.

Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
You might try a cold blue pen.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
grab a needle file and make a pretty design and tell people its a custom engraving...lol

·
Registered
782 Posts
I would call Springfield and see if you can get a free Armory Kote out of them. The takedown lever is not supposed to touch the slide, but a few of them do.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, long story short.. The gun is already armory coated. When I first got it, it had serious FTF issues. Sent it back to Springfield and I requested they armory coat it while it was there. Got it back, worked and looked great. Life was good.

Fast Forward 3 months. Roughly 2k rounds thru it and it still looked immaculate. Give it to my buddy to check out and the moron thumbs the takedown lever down enough to leave a scratch while releasing the slide. :evil: :evil: Said scratch results.

Mind you its not bad, but it just pisses me off. Was hoping someone knew of something that matched the matte black and was durable without loking completely tacky. Tall order , I know.

Custom Engraving is not an option. :roll:

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Are guns supposed to remain in like new condition after 2K plus rounds?

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Try the cold blue pen as mentioned or some other type of cold blue this works well to help cover small scratches.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will a cold blue pen work for the beretta buriton finish? I have a scratch on my gun that I'm afraid will attract rust even though I keep it well oiled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts