Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an xd9sc on Gunbroker this week that was said to be 90% but definately not the case and for the price I didnt expect it to be aswell. The slide is a bit more grey than my 4" 9mm and doesnt seem to be that worn to be loosing the finish, is that normal for some older models? I am thinking the age is 4 or 5 years maybe because of the serial numbers starting with "US". My biggest gripe or worry is the trigger has been grinded smooth and rounded on the place where the finger rest which makes me wonder what else might have been altered, I am a bit cautious to even want to shoot it till looked at better. I am thinking it has a few thousand rounds thru it atleast and have been looking at the videos to change the trigger out with a PRP Ultimate kit when I can afford it soon, is there anything else you would look for? change?

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
The trigger :confused: , or the trigger gaurd ;) :) has been ground smooth & rounded?

I may not be much help to you, but I will say, "pics would be helpful" before someone else does.

eta: You could get some snap caps and fire it that way, just to check function or if it feels like the internals are somehow bad.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Don't know what to say about the trigger, except buyer beware.

Does it have the new locking block design ? - http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/533...5428sl8vi8.jpg

If so, clean it, lube it, shoot it.
The finish and trigger can always be dealt with ... But if the locking block is the previous design (no relief cuts), send it to SA, they'll fix it, and might even refinish the gun while they have it.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Did you perform any function tests after you received it - before you took it home from your FFL? How does the inside of the barrel look? I'm with fritz, I'm not following what was [sic] "grinded".

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it does not have the new locking block design, didnt know of this difference. What is the big deal with those? I was pretty baffled to when I saw it, and yes I checked it at FFL, it seems to function as supposed to in reguards to safety functions and soforth and has the spongy trigger feel. I will try and get pics up soon but it looks like someone wanted to play with a dremmel and rounded the outside edge of the trigger on both sides.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Call springfield and ask them when the born on date was, then ask them if that date has the melonite or pre melonite finish.

My guess is pre melonite.......not a bad thing, but the melonite finish is arguably better.

And yes, I think the previous owner smoothed the trigger face...no problem there, just personal prefence.........

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Why would you ask?
I guess I read into your post a little bit that you thought the auction wasn't on the level, but I see you are content with what you got for what you paid, so never mind. Sorry about that.

Still, if the trigger "mod" wasn't disclosed or shown in the pic, that's not right.

As far as your stated question, the slide on my 2004 xd40sc is a bit grayish in color, and my later production (2007?) 4" is black.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wasnt wanting to dog the guy before giving him a chance to respond. Today is the first day I have had time to mess with it since I got it monday, and I have $350 in it so I figure I wont lose any unless it is totally unfunctional which I dont believe is the case. It was the dirtiest handgun I have ever seen and I spent over an hour today cleaning it but the trigger not being disclosed in the auction and being told 90% which I doubt and would say more in the range of 75-80% with the angle of the pics being deceiving I will atleast let the guy know my opinion. It would be nice if I could get it refinished and I like what I the idea of the trigger job like what is being dicussed here on another thread. I am not a gunsmith but after seeing the videos of taking the xd apart, I think I can do it comfortably and will try later this weekend and look for any weak or overly worn parts, it is just when someone seems to hide something, I am not sure what else they might have not disclosed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts