Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a holster for my new CM9. I like Crossbreed, but it's almost $50 more than an Alien Gear holster. Since AG offers a lifetime warranty, I'm really interested in their holster, but I have a couple of questions.

Does anyone know if Alien Gear holsters uses cowhide, horsehide, or another type of leather for their holsters? I see other manufacturers offering horsehide, but all I see from Alien Gear is black or tan.

Also, in the pics, it looks like there is hardware (stop nuts) left in the unused holes of the holster. Are these removable? not sure I want extra, unused, hardware in the holster all the time.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Once I got my Alien Gear adjusted for ride height and cant I removed the other four attachment nuts. They are imbedded into the leather but they were fairly easy to remove.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I was looking at the FAQ, but missed the "Features" section. Good to know about the hardware.

Looks like I'll be picking up an AG holster. How do you like yours spxdsc40? Is it comfy? Do you have any experience with a Crossbreed Holster to compare the AG to?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I am fairly new to CC and my Alien Gear is my first hybrid. I purchased it because I was carrying my Raven IWB and a full kydex pancake holster is not comfy only bearable IWB. My Alien Gear fixed that problem as I can now wear it all day in comfort. Just be aware that the Alien Gear is a fairly wide hybrid. I have a 32" waist and the front clip rides about 3:00 and the back clip rides about 6:00. This spreads the weight out but is a little bit difficult to put on. It took a solid 4 weeks for mine to come in the mail, but I found it worth it immediately and even more so once it go molded to my body.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am fairly new to CC and my Alien Gear is my first hybrid. I purchased it because I was carrying my Raven IWB and a full kydex pancake holster is not comfy only bearable IWB. My Alien Gear fixed that problem as I can now wear it all day in comfort. Just be aware that the Alien Gear is a fairly wide hybrid. I have a 32" waist and the front clip rides about 3:00 and the back clip rides about 6:00. This spreads the weight out but is a little bit difficult to put on. It took a solid 4 weeks for mine to come in the mail, but I found it worth it immediately and even more so once it go molded to my body.
Thanks for the information. It sounds very comparable to my SuperTuck. I think I'll be placing an order very soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts