Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on starting my mossberg 500 build, so a few quick questions.

The Magpul stock is my top pick so far. I'm not a huge fan of pistol grip stocks. Is the Magpul stock shorter than the factory stock?

Also I believe I have the newer forend. The one that requires changing out the mag tube. Is there a different adapter plate? Or is it a better idea to just keep my stock forend?

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
You shouldn't have to change out the mag tube...I believe it just needs the whole forearm assembly.

Cheap bastards.

You can always find a nice used 500 instead. Most of them don't see near enough rounds to feel worried. Mine probably has :)

I can't speak for the magpul stocks but the 500 is a good workman shotgun.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You shouldn't have to change out the mag tube...I believe it just needs the whole forearm assembly.

Cheap bastards.

You can always find a nice used 500 instead. Most of them don't see near enough rounds to feel worried. Mine probably has :)

I can't speak for the magpul stocks but the 500 is a good workman shotgun.
Well I own one already. The problem is, the Magpul, doesn't come with the rails. And I don't think they can be transferred on the later ones.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Well I own one already. The problem is, the Magpul, doesn't come with the rails. And I don't think they can be transferred on the later ones.
Some new Moss 500s have forend tubes some have the pined arms. All MAv88s have pined arms.

If you have the pined one, then go to ebay or brownells and buy a forend tube and nut. Just make sure to get the right gage and length

1 - 4 of 4 Posts