·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I few months ago I traded my XDs .45 for a 1911
The only reason I did not regret the trade was I love a nice 1911
But, I have also been kicking myself in the backside ever since
So, last night, I picked up another XDs .45 3.3
I am now, again, the happy owner of an XDs :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice! I couldn't imagine trading mine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Don't you hate that? It feels pretty crappy begging the wife to let me buy a gun that she knows I've already bought, sold, and regretted selling...

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Seems to me that this thread is missing a picture, OP. Your 1911 will get jealous being left out of the fun. ;)

Congrats on picking up another XDS 45. After being without a 45 for over a decade, I dove back in with both feet as well. A SA Champion LW Operator and an XDS in less than a month. I'm loving it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a new XD-S 45 as my own Christmas gift (or one of same, anyway). I had been eyeballing this model (my first Springfield) for a long time. This past weekend our big gunshop, Shooter's, had them for $429 including 3 extra mags and mag holder. Couldn't turn down that deal so now it's sitting here in my office waiting for the first range visit this coming weekend. I've been shooting and collecting for 50 years and have seen a lot of problems with small semi-autos, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I recently bought a Sig 938...which is a tiny 9mm....took it to the range and attempted to make it jam...and couldn't....hope this XD-s is the same.

·
Registered
265 Posts
There you go, post a picture of your 1911 and you get a like. 8)

Very nice BTW. What is your holster?

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
congrats.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I just bought a new XD-S 45 as my own Christmas gift (or one of same, anyway). I had been eyeballing this model (my first Springfield) for a long time. This past weekend our big gunshop, Shooter's, had them for $429 including 3 extra mags and mag holder. Couldn't turn down that deal so now it's sitting here in my office waiting for the first range visit this coming weekend. I've been shooting and collecting for 50 years and have seen a lot of problems with small semi-autos, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I recently bought a Sig 938...which is a tiny 9mm....took it to the range and attempted to make it jam...and couldn't....hope this XD-s is the same.
Welcome! Yeah, shooters had insane pricing last weekend. Had I not already bought my xds from them three months ago, I would have this past weekend. I picked up a 15-22 cause the pricing was so good. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I just cleaned the XDs and installed the mag extensions and Talon grips I ordered, the day I got it :)
After cleaning it, I have a pretty good idea why the guy I got it from got rid of it
The striker channel and striker were FILTHY and gunked up
I could not find any sign of lube, anywhere, the feed ramp was BLACK and the barrel, and gun overall was horrid and dirty
I have a feeling he was getting a lot of fail to feed and light strikes as dirty as it was
It is now ready to go, it will be heading to the range tomorrow to see how it fires
Does anyone have any doubt how it will perform? lol

Next item for it is a trigger job, I was thinking PRP, but I need to find a good gunsmith in the Richardson area
Anyone know of one close by me? I don't mind paying for good work

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well, I just cleaned the XDs and installed the mag extensions and Talon grips I ordered, the day I got it :)
After cleaning it, I have a pretty good idea why the guy I got it from got rid of it
The striker channel and striker were FILTHY and gunked up
I could not find any sign of lube, anywhere, the feed ramp was BLACK and the barrel, and gun overall was horrid and dirty
I have a feeling he was getting a lot of fail to feed and light strikes as dirty as it was
It is now ready to go, it will be heading to the range tomorrow to see how it fires
Does anyone have any doubt how it will perform? lol

Next item for it is a trigger job, I was thinking PRP, but I need to find a good gunsmith in the Richardson area
Anyone know of one close by me? I don't mind paying for good work
The PRP kits are drop in. Just do it yourself.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I may be wrong, but don't you have to remove springs etc?
I don't have the confidence in myself to be taking a trigger assembly apart

1 - 20 of 21 Posts