Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a product about 3 years ago that blows away any other gun cleaning product out there.
The product is called CorrosionX.

It works on the principle of polar bonding. It actually bonds with the metal at the molecular level. Since I have started using it, I have had no problems with rust.

It is also a good cleaner and lubricant.

This stuff in great and I very highly recommend it.

Check it out here.

Corrosion Technologies Corporation

It is also available from dealers on the web.

I was a dealer for CorrosionX but my business went tango uniform. I am no longer associated with Corrosion Technologies in any way other than a very satisfied customer.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
humm, you shouldn't be having a problem with corrosion anyways, are you in a humid part of the country???

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
It works on the principle of polar bonding. It actually bonds with the metal at the molecular level.
Every time i hear "molecular bonding" I wonder what other levels of bonding are there ? If it really was polar bonding, wouldn't you think it would be an atomic bond ? ;)

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Call it what you will . It bonds to the metal. Polar bonding, molecular bonding, atomic bonding are all the same thing.

The product works, period or I would not use it.

RogueXD said: humm, you shouldn't be having a problem with corrosion anyways, are you in a humid part of the country???
I live in North Texas. The average humidity level is about 40 to 45%. I would say that is pretty humid.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've got a can of it but the stuff seems really heavy duty. Feels like I'm dumping a bucket of grease on the gun. I suppose it's okay for use on the outside of the slide or the receiver. Otherwise, I'd be worried about using it inside the gun and it collecting too much dirt, grime and powder.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I've got a can of it but the stuff seems really heavy duty. Feels like I'm dumping a bucket of grease on the gun. I suppose it's okay for use on the outside of the slide or the receiver. Otherwise, I'd be worried about using it inside the gun and it collecting too much dirt, grime and powder.

Sounds like you got a can of the Heavy Duty. Same formulation as the "regular" CX but with a thickening agent.

Just apply as usual and wipe the excess off.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I live in North Texas. The average humidity level is about 40 to 45%. I would say that is pretty humid.
That's just about desert conditions.

·
Registered
337 Posts
^^^for real! try living in FL, where even when a drought is on, humidity can be 40-50 %

1 - 8 of 8 Posts