Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,196 Posts

JK

You could try slamming it on carpet with a towel folded to see if you could knock it loose.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
If all else fails, I think drilling the core of the battery and slowly collapsing it in is your only choice. It will be very messy!

·
Registered
429 Posts
it just happened to my 6cell the first one exploded and I was slaming it on the driveway from being pissed off for like 15 mins still stuck. It goes on the wall of shame I just bought a 4cell from walmart for 14.88 and swaped the LED bulb

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Drops of baking soda and water, like 6 drops, spin the light to spread the liquid, around, then store on the bezel for a few hours and repeat 3 or 4 times. Add some light oil and then bang against carpet floor with tailcap on. Repeat for each battery until light is clear. Has worked for me in the past.

It is also helpful to scrape as much corrosion out around the diameter before adding baking soda and water. A wire coat hanger works well.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
If all else fails, I think drilling the core of the battery and slowly collapsing it in is your only choice. It will be very messy!
You may be able to do this only use a slide hammer....pierce the center of the battery with the slide hammer tip, then have someone hold the light while you slide hammer the battery out. Some light oil will help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been banging the hell out of it, on the floor, the porch railing and the concrete porch. No luck. Hope the neighbors don't call the cops.

This did motivate me to replace the batteries in my 3 D cell Maglight.

I don't think I'm up for drilling into the batteries....

I think I'll give it to my dad when I see him tomorrow. He's a farmer and has every tool known to man.

Also thinking it may be time to drop some coin on a Fenix...

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Had an issue like this in my EO TEch 512 with some AAs, had to clean off the receptors to get it to work again.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Call Maglight they have a lifetime warranty

Maglite Corporate Warranty Center
1721 East Locust Street - 51453
Ontario, California, USA 91761-7769
Attention: Warranty/Repair Department
909 947-1006
This.

I sent mine in with the same problem and they sent me a new one. It only cost me the shipping.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
1)Don't leave it on next time. Go to the store awnd buy a new one because that one will probably never work again. 2) Do as suggested and send it back to mag-lite and let them stand the expense of your error.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
This.

I sent mine in with the same problem and they sent me a new one. It only cost me the shipping.
They'll only pay for the replacement if the batteries are Duracell, Eveready, or Ray-O-Vac.

From Maglight:

I can’t remove the tailcap from my Mag® flashlight. I have even put pliers on it and tried to twist it off, but it's absolutely frozen or stuck. Is this problem covered by my warranty?
When you cannot remove the tailcap to change the batteries, it almost certainly indicates that the batteries have leaked and sealed everything inside the flashlight. Unfortunately, Mag does not warrant against battery leakage, however, we do have agreements with Duracell, Eveready and Ray-O-Vac. If one of these brands of batteries has leaked in your flashlight, send the flashlight to us and we will repair or replace it at no charge to you. We recommend that you ship the flashlight UPS or Postal Insured for tracking purposes. Please send to; Mag Instrument, Inc., Attn; Warranty Dept., 1721 E. Locust St., Ontario, Ca. 91761-7769. You pay the freight to us and we pay it going back. Please also include a letter with your name, address, phone number and description of the problem. Don’t forget to indicate what brand of battery is inside if you know. Once we verify it is Duracell, Eveready or Ray-O-Vac, we will send you a new flashlight at no charge. Occasionally we open the flashlight and we find it contains leaking batteries that are not Duracell, Eveready and Ray-O-Vac. In cases of "off-brand" battery leakage, we can replace your flashlight for a charge of -- $12.00 plus your state's sales tax for a ‘C’ or ‘D’ Mag-Lite® flashlight, or $8.00 plus tax for a Mini-Maglite® flashlight. If you are not sure, send the flashlight to us, with the batteries inside, and we will check to determine the brand. If we find that they are "off-brand" batteries, we will contact you and arrange for payment before sending you the replacement flashlight.
I can’t get the batteries out of my flashlight. They're stuck inside. How do I change them? Is this covered by my warranty?
When this happens, it almost certainly means that the batteries have leaked and are stuck inside the barrel. Note: Batteries normally swell before leaking causing them to get stuck inside the barrel. Mag Instrument does not warrant against battery leakage, however, we do have agreements with Duracell, Eveready and Ray-O-Vac that allow us to replace your flashlight. If one of these brands of batteries is stuck (by leaking in your flashlight), send the flashlight to us and we will repair or replace the entire flashlight at no charge to you. We recommend that you ship the flashlight UPS or Postal Insured for tracking purposes. Please send to; Mag Instrument, Inc., Attn; Warranty Dept., 1721 E. Locust St., Ontario, Ca. 91761-7769. You pay the freight to us and we pay it going back. Please also include a letter with your name, address, phone number and a description of the problem. Don’t forget to indicate what brand of batteries is inside if you know. We will check to verify that it is Duracell, Eveready and Ray-O-Vac; and if it is, we will send you a new flashlight at no charge. Occasionally we open the flashlight and we find it contains leaking batteries that are not Duracell, Eveready and Ray-O-Vac. In cases of "off-brand" battery leakage, we can replace your flashlight for a charge of -- $12.00 plus your state's sales tax for a ‘C’ or ‘D’ Mag-Lite® flashlight, or $8.00 plus tax for a Mini-Maglite® flashlight. If you are not sure, send the flashlight to us, with the batteries inside, and we will check to determine the brand. If we find that they are "off-brand" batteries, we will contact you and arrange for payment before sending you the replacement flashlight.

·
Registered
429 Posts
They'll only pay for the replacement if the batteries are Duracell, Eveready, or Ray-O-Vac.

From Maglight:

I can’t remove the tailcap from my Mag® flashlight. I have even put pliers on it and tried to twist it off, but it's absolutely frozen or stuck. Is this problem covered by my warranty?
When you cannot remove the tailcap to change the batteries, it almost certainly indicates that the batteries have leaked and sealed everything inside the flashlight. Unfortunately, Mag does not warrant against battery leakage, however, we do have agreements with Duracell, Eveready and Ray-O-Vac. If one of these brands of batteries has leaked in your flashlight, send the flashlight to us and we will repair or replace it at no charge to you. We recommend that you ship the flashlight UPS or Postal Insured for tracking purposes. Please send to; Mag Instrument, Inc., Attn; Warranty Dept., 1721 E. Locust St., Ontario, Ca. 91761-7769. You pay the freight to us and we pay it going back. Please also include a letter with your name, address, phone number and description of the problem. Don’t forget to indicate what brand of battery is inside if you know. Once we verify it is Duracell, Eveready or Ray-O-Vac, we will send you a new flashlight at no charge. Occasionally we open the flashlight and we find it contains leaking batteries that are not Duracell, Eveready and Ray-O-Vac. In cases of "off-brand" battery leakage, we can replace your flashlight for a charge of -- $12.00 plus your state's sales tax for a ‘C’ or ‘D’ Mag-Lite® flashlight, or $8.00 plus tax for a Mini-Maglite® flashlight. If you are not sure, send the flashlight to us, with the batteries inside, and we will check to determine the brand. If we find that they are "off-brand" batteries, we will contact you and arrange for payment before sending you the replacement flashlight.
I can’t get the batteries out of my flashlight. They're stuck inside. How do I change them? Is this covered by my warranty?
When this happens, it almost certainly means that the batteries have leaked and are stuck inside the barrel. Note: Batteries normally swell before leaking causing them to get stuck inside the barrel. Mag Instrument does not warrant against battery leakage, however, we do have agreements with Duracell, Eveready and Ray-O-Vac that allow us to replace your flashlight. If one of these brands of batteries is stuck (by leaking in your flashlight), send the flashlight to us and we will repair or replace the entire flashlight at no charge to you. We recommend that you ship the flashlight UPS or Postal Insured for tracking purposes. Please send to; Mag Instrument, Inc., Attn; Warranty Dept., 1721 E. Locust St., Ontario, Ca. 91761-7769. You pay the freight to us and we pay it going back. Please also include a letter with your name, address, phone number and a description of the problem. Don’t forget to indicate what brand of batteries is inside if you know. We will check to verify that it is Duracell, Eveready and Ray-O-Vac; and if it is, we will send you a new flashlight at no charge. Occasionally we open the flashlight and we find it contains leaking batteries that are not Duracell, Eveready and Ray-O-Vac. In cases of "off-brand" battery leakage, we can replace your flashlight for a charge of -- $12.00 plus your state's sales tax for a ‘C’ or ‘D’ Mag-Lite® flashlight, or $8.00 plus tax for a Mini-Maglite® flashlight. If you are not sure, send the flashlight to us, with the batteries inside, and we will check to determine the brand. If we find that they are "off-brand" batteries, we will contact you and arrange for payment before sending you the replacement flashlight.
I just bought another maglite last night im glad I bought duracell im going to send off all my broken ones I didnt even know they had lifetime warranty

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I would try putting the housing in boiling water to heat up the housing, then try beating it. Then mix baking soda and water - heat to boiling and pour into the body.

The light is probably fubar by now. Also maglights are soooooo 1970's. I've got probably 30 lights that use li-ion batteries that are far brighter than a mag and have multiple levels from super dim last 100+ hours to so frigg'n bright you see stars for 5 minutes.

I would just give the mag to someone you hate and then upgrade to lights powered by 14500 andand 18650 li-ion rechargables. follow the link and get yourself several of these at $11 each delivered, a dozen batteries and a charger. They are FAR brighter than your outdated mag and they have better spot to flood focusing. Both tighter spot and 10x faster to change.
$10.56 - X2000 Flood-to-Throw Zooming Glass Optics Cree P4-WC LED Flashlight (1*18650) - Cree Lights

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the tip about the warranty. I only use those brands of batteries, so I'll be calling the company next week.

BTW, I did not leave it on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found my old 2C maglite that has been missing for 6 years. The battery's were most Linley left inside the light because I can't unscrew the tailcap. I would send it to maglite, but I don't know if I have the needed battery's inside the maglite for them to replace the light for free. I don't even know if there are battery's inside of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts