Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Has anyone shot any of the corbon dpx in 40 cal. ? I was thinking of ordering some and thought i should ask if someone has tried it and how it shot.Icant find it localy and if i could any ammo marketed to do damage to a human would cost 5x the msrp here around Baltimore in the communist state of Maryland!!!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Icant find it localy and if i could any ammo marketed to do damage to a human would cost 5x the msrp here around Baltimore in the communist state of Maryland!!!
Bwahhaaa so true. What area are you in, what range do you go to?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Thats funny so do I, have you heard about some range in Timonium off Derco Road past Paduna-SP? Supposed to be nice, I think the name starts with a C? Suppose to be closer, never been do Gun Powder how do you like it? You buy your gun local? if so mind if I ask where you got it from and what you paid for it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that range is called Continental arms Ive heard its REAL NICE like heated range area. (the shooting area at gunpowder is usually like 20 deg. colder than it is out side)but its cheap i think 7.00/hr and theres hardly ever anybody else there. Funny story about my new xd,thank goodness i got it 3 weeks ago because they are closed now ! I think.I saw on the news that they sold the shotgun to the 2 punks that robbed that school teacher last week in towson mall parking lot.and they sold all those guns a few years back to the infamous JOSEPH PALZYNSKI who went on the week long killing spree hiding from and avoiding 5,000 police officers,dogs,helicopters,swat teams ect. I thought they were very professional and through. I guess i was mistaken. anyway sorry for the RANT it was " THE GUN SHOP " thats the real name by the way on eastern ave. in essex and it was $436.00 before all the commie fees. WOW THAT WAS A LONG POST {SORRY GUYS}

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Been reading some data at firearmstactical.com looks like FBI and other wound ballistics people are saying heavy bullets, even at slower speeds are better than fast light bullets. Penetration over expansion, permenent wound channel as opposed to temporary wound channel. Knockdown power, for a handgun, is a myth.

check the data out.

http://www.firearmstactical.com/hwfe.htm

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow that was a hell of an article thanks for that ! I think that may lead me towards carrying the corbon powerball which seems from what ive read about it so far was designed to fill the gaps in terminal preformance of both a rn and hp. check them out on the corbon site they have pics of the testing in ballistic gel. and they said they shot through all sorts of material like heavy coats leather ect.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Funny story about my new xd,thank goodness i got it 3 weeks ago because they are closed now !
Eww where did you hear that, mine is on order there, I called today and they answered the phone. As if my week could not get any worse. Great now I won't be able to sleep.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn, sorry i saw it on the news this morning or at noon can't remember maybe they were just closed the day they found out the gun came from there. i'll have my fingers crossed for you ! Did you get the same price i got 436 + for the 40 ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts