Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
the video wouldn't load for me, but if it's the one i think it is it's been all over the ccw section of the forums and i think in one other area also. it's pretty sad, hope the cop gets his due...

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
Yes, it's the Canton OH episode. The video took quite a while to spool up for me.

Well discussed in many threads already.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Cop was in the wrong for sure with everything he was saying. So was the driver. I think he was just trying to scare the driver into making sure he followed the law... he just took the wrong approach. It IS Ohio CCW Law that you have to inform the officer IMMEDIATELY if you are carrying.

When I lived there, I would always hand them my license, registration, insurance, and CHL and soon as they came up... and I'd have the CHL on top with my first words being, "I do/do not have my handgun on me."

·
Registered
1,946 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Damn all i have to saw is WOW i don't know how i would have reacted if that was me. I think that was very uncalled for. I know we all have our bad days but him saying i should have pulled my glock 40 out and put ten rounds in your ass is just stupid. I hope that cop gets hi badge pulled!!!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
the driver rambled when the cop finally approached him, he should have just cut to the chase. i'm sure the cop intimidated him though and he really didn't know how to react to that. a 'softer' approach from the LEO would have probably prevented the whole situation.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
To be honest, as ridiculously irate as the officer was I think most would have acted the same way the driver did, I know I would have. I cannot imagine what would have happened had the driver raised his voice for being treated unfairly...possibly would have been looking down the barrel of the officers Glock 40

Who knows...

I know this type of thing happens more times than it should but it is a shame that an official feels the need to flex his authoritative muscle and bully people around. He definitely crossed the line when he threatened to pull his Glock and put ten rounds in the driver after the driver had been calm and respectful the whole time....

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think BOTH of these officers need to be fired. The other officer did NOTHING to calm the situation or put a leash on his partner who was tota;;y out of control. At the very least cop #2 needs some serious retraining. But my original opinion on Cop #1 (Harless?) stands. He needs to be shitcanned before he kills someone and/or brings a multimillion dollar lawsuit onto his employers. Personally I believe the guy stopped in the video had his civil Rights violated and should consider consulting a lawyer. If the guy had been Black the ACLU and NAACP would be all over this for sure. I have carried for over 20 years in 3 different states and have been involved in 1 shooting. If a police officer treated me like this I would not stop until I had his badge hanging on my wall.

·
Registered
110 Posts
For states that require you to notify LEO, do you have to notify if you are CCW holder but not carrying when it is connected to your plates

·
Registered
30 Posts
The guy being arrested did better than I think I would have after all the crap talking from the cop. That is the kind of cop who gives them bad names. Its funny he is calling the guy an idiot over and over...meanwhile his stupid actions are being recorded, and that thought never crosses his mind as he is being super cop. Im sorry telling him he was close to caving his head in and that he should have pulled out his glock and executed him, all after he is in cuffs and in the back of the car, way over the line. I hope he loses his badge and cant even get a job as a security guard.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Can anyone say "anger management"? LOL...

·
Registered
332 Posts
What an as$. I hope that cop got fired. He has no business in law enforcement if that's how he handles an issue like that. If the driver was a threat, that would be one thing but the driver kept his cool.

Anyone know what happened to the cop?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts