Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and have been looking at XDs for a long time. I own several GLOCKs and Sigs and think I am ready to make a XD purchase. I just need a little help to convinence me I want an XD9 in either a service or tactical. Does anyone have any suggestions? Why did you purchase an XD? Why is the XD so good? Thanks for your help guys. I look forward to reading your responses.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Two things really sold me on the XD: The way it felt in my hand when I picked one up the first time (It just felt SO FRIGGIN' RIGHT), and the way it shot when I rented it and shot it a few minutes later. I'd shot two of my buddie's Sigs, and two of his HK's the day before. Great Pistols, all of them. I went the next day intending to try the XD and a Glock. Once I shot the XD I didn't even try the Glock. I figured if it shot that well, felt that good in my hand and cost 150 bucks less than the Glock, then I'd just found the Pistol for me. :D

Oh yeah, the price. I guess that makes three reasons I bought an XD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I also have Sigs, Glocks, and my XD. The Glock ranks at the bottom with the XD being closer to the Sig imo. Unlike Glock you get metal sights, guide rod, and trigger with the XD plus fully supported chamber like the Sig.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I owned 2 Sigs that had the DA/SA triggers and I liked the Springfield XD trigger system better. The two XD's that I have now seem to be just as accurate and reliable as my Sigs (P226 9mm & P239 9mm).

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
go to a store that has one in stock, hold an XD does it feel better than the Glock? how about the sig? If it does give it a try, if not let it pass. For me the XD points well, the Glock does not, the double action/single action shift on a Sig leaves me less than thrilled for the $$ invested. Talked to folks who think the XD hung the moon, some that think the Glock did, and then there are those that follow the 1911 grail. The fun part is each is right for himself. As for me, when I carry it's a XD.

if you can be convinced to buy a gun by words ... well I have some beach front property in deep West Texas I'd like to sell you :lol:

As you probably well know what works for one, may or may not work for others. So try the how does it feel, or better yet go to any IDPA type matches that might be in your area, maybe someone there uses an XD and you can see how it works for them.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
JimLongley said:
Test fire one, it will do its own convincing.
Ahem....

+3.

·
Registered
513 Posts
If you want an XD, buy one and you wont regret it. If you do there are plenty of people around here that would buy it from you. Go the service route, a good compromise between the 3. The SC is a great gun but just an inch shorter in BBL and same width, I can carry my service w/o problem. I like the 40S&W or the 357sig. I own one 9mm and plan on selling it. I am a 45acp guy. A few more accessories for the tactical and service.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
l can't shoot SIGs nor Glock for heck, but I can shoot the hell out of an XD. It fits my hand and shooting style, and I am addicted.

As others have suggested, just fire 100 rounds and you will see why you need one. It just fits, nothing more to say than that.

Best of luck on your decision.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Well,

I am on my 4th one. Sig's don't fit, and while I love my HK, I am keeping it stock for carry. Smith... well... I can put my opinions of smith down in 2 words... Trigger's suck. And glock just doesn't fit my hand or my shooting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Buy an XD 40, that way you will get the best of all three worlds. How many other guns can convert from a 40 to a 9mm or to a 357 with just a barrel change.
Do I have to even mention the amount of safeties that this guns comes with, but grip it properly and bang its ready to go.
Accuracy is no problem either and I am sure others will atest to that.
Affordability, where else can you get so much gun for so little.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts