Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I found a conversion barrel on PISTOLGEAR | YOUR ONE-STOP SHOP FOR ALL THINGS PISTOL for $155.00. I'm concidering buying this, so I can save on ammo when I go plinking. I wanted to know if anyone has made this conversion work on their 40 cal yet, and if the 9x19 mags will fit in the xd-m 40 cal with no modifications?

Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Also, the barrel is the tactical version you'll need for the XD-m, and they say it will stick out about 1/2 past the slide, to get it it cut and crowned to be flush.

Dino

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just read another thread that has multiple members working this out with no solution yet. Should have kept reading before posting this thread. :)

There is a lot more involved than just adding the barrel and apparently finding a 19x9 magazine is pretty difficult. So, until these mags are readily available I guess we will all need to just sit back and wait for someone to test it out.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Well, I haven't done this on my XDM (yet), but if it's anything like converting my G22 (which I had also done previously with my P229), I also swapped out mags for the 9mm conversion. Even though the 9mm rounds will certainly fit in the .40's magazine (and more of 'em, to boot), the followers are different sizes/shapes, so to ensure 100% reliable feeding, I swapped the mags. However, I've known shooters that didn't swap mags and never had an issue. That said, some guy's will tell you to get the 9mm mag anyway to ensure you have a "dedicated" mag for the conversion and also prevent you from trying to shoot .40S&W in your 9mm and vice-versa. Yeah, I know :rolleyes:.

In addition, some converts have sworn up and down you need to not only replace your ejector but also your extractor, or you will definitely have functionality issues. FWIW, I swapped neither and thus far have had NO issues. I'll probably go the same route on the M unless someone with more knowledge can explain to me why I need to do otherwise.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The wider mag on the xdm will cause feed issues with the 9ammo no matter if its Modifiedor not.

I think i nearly got this issue whipped as soon as i find some 9mm Mags I will let everyone know about realibility.

Currently i have

ThePistol gear Conversion barrel
Xdm 1911 Guide Rod
1911 16# recoil spring
xdm 40 cal mag Modded to 9mm at the lip

And i still have feed/eject issues

I will say i have no doubt in a regular 40 cal xd the conversion should go without a hitch with a 9mm Mag

Said screw it and went and bought a S&W M&P pro 9mm yesterday... shot realllll nicely:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts