Springfield XD Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #41
Man I can picture a fat suppressor matching the diameter of the handguard and flip up sights. Super sexy 馃槏
Yep, it is going to be a lot of fun. I am trying to figure out whether to do co-witness or side mounted iron sights.

Now you got me looking at suppresors also.

Registered
15-22's are always a good time. Puts a smile on everyone's face. I'm currently waiting on a suppressor for mine (also will go on my 22/45 Lite) to really make things more fun. You'll be happy with your new 15-22; the worst part is loading mags, which you'll be doing often.

Registered
15-22's are always a good time. Puts a smile on everyone's face. I'm currently waiting on a suppressor for mine (also will go on my 22/45 Lite) to really make things more fun. You'll be happy with your new 15-22; the worst part is loading mags, which you'll be doing often.
Lol the bad thing about having a Ar15 chambered in 22lr. It lends itself to quicker shots. Which results in more time loading magazines especially when you live in a state with restricted capacity magazines.

Registered
Discussion Starter #44
Lol the bad thing about having a Ar15 chambered in 22lr. It lends itself to quicker shots. Which results in more time loading magazines especially when you live in a state with restricted capacity magazines.
Got 3 more mags of 25 on order for the MP15-22. The hard part was finding someone that had them in stock. I am still looking for a true pistol for my wife and I to shoot cheap rounds out of. The decision is almost being driven by magazine availability. The Taurus XT22 has risen to the top of the list because it is not going for the same kind of premium as others and actually has extra mags available.

Registered
Running 22's is always a good time especially when they mimic their full size counter part. Thats why I love my Advantage Arms kit so much. Even the mags are 1:1 scale and fit the same mag holder. I just wished that my local range would allow holster draw and rapid fire when it came to 22's.

Registered
My wife is new to shooting and is scared to even be nearby when fire my pistol an XDM Elite in 9mm. I want her to get comfortable firing a pistol and think a good route would be to convert my XD to .22LR. That would allow my wife to get comfortable shooting a pistol and also the configuration of my XD. Hopefully making it an easy transition to firing the gun in 9mm someday.

Anyone convert their XD to .22?

What is the effort involved?

Can it be done to an XDM Elite?
I was in a simliar situation with my wife. My solution was to purchase a Taurus Tx22. It really helped to familiarize herself with the workings of a semi auto without the recoil or big boom. I have to admit it is a hell of a lot of fun to shoot and a cost effective training tool. After a few trips to the range she was confident in shooting my XDM Elite. After putting more rounds down range she was confident enough to try my XDs mod2 9mm, now it is her EDC. She still enjoys plinking with the TX22, and so do I.

Registered
Discussion Starter #47
Running 22's is always a good time especially when they mimic their full size counter part. Thats why I love my Advantage Arms kit so much. Even the mags are 1:1 scale and fit the same mag holder. I just wished that my local range would allow holster draw and rapid fire when it came to 22's.
If I had a second pistol of any kind I would consider the conversion kit but for now I only have one pistol. I don't consider the new gun a pistol although it is labeled as such.

I was in a simliar situation with my wife. My solution was to purchase a Taurus Tx22. It really helped to familiarize herself with the workings of a semi auto without the recoil or big boom.
How long have you had yours? I was really leaning towards one but just read a review that talked about tumbling bullets from bad barrels.

Registered
If I had a second pistol of any kind I would consider the conversion kit but for now I only have one pistol. I don't consider the new gun a pistol although it is labeled as such.

How long have you had yours? I was really leaning towards one but just read a review that talked about tumbling bullets from bad barrels.
Iv only had mine for about 8 months now but it has seen over 1.5k rounds probably closer to 2k. It has very little wear marks. I would consider it to be a high quality built item. It definitely demands high velocity ammo but I dont feed it premium ammo such as cci mini mags. I have had no problems with rounds tumbling its very accurate. The barrel is stainless steel. Something I havent done as I was waiting for a larger round count is to lightly polish the chamber. I paid $259 for mine from optics planet, I see now there over 3 and are on back order. I purchased 2 additional mags at $18 each. Its a super fun setup for the range, my son claims it as his own now. I'm happy I got it when I did. Il take some details pics of the wear and build quality when I get a chance.

Registered
Discussion Starter #49
I'm happy I got it when I did. Il take some details pics of the wear and build quality when I get a chance.
I take it you are talking about the XD to .22 conversion kit? So far I have heard anything but good things about it, but you are the only one who I have heard from on it.

My question was regarding the Taurus TX22 which has gotten many good reviews, but I just found a forum where people were complaining about the tumbling rounds.

Registered
My wife is new to shooting and is scared to even be nearby when fire my pistol an XDM Elite in 9mm. I want her to get comfortable firing a pistol and think a good route would be to convert my XD to .22LR. That would allow my wife to get comfortable shooting a pistol and also the configuration of my XD. Hopefully making it an easy transition to firing the gun in 9mm someday.

Anyone convert their XD to .22?

What is the effort involved?

Can it be done to an XDM Elite?
Good idea but
if she could range rent then fall in love with HER selection, things WILL go better for all concerned

41 - 50 of 50 Posts