Springfield XD Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
People keep asking why XD and others aren't making a .22 pistol.

Here's a link discussing the point system involved for importing a handgun: NRA-ILA | Federal Handgun Importation Criteria

The gist of the matter, the smaller caliber gives less points. Non metal frames really hits the points requirements. Fixed sights knock off points.
It's all to keep the children safe.
Wow, I was not aware of this. No reason why Springfield Armory can't design, engineer, and manufacture it here in the US.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Wow, I was not aware of this. No reason why Springfield Armory can't design, engineer, and manufacture it here in the US.
The reasons?
Increased cost of labor
Taxes on property and profits
Red tape - Tied in a pretty Bow
Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi............and ........

How many .22 pistols do you have to sell to overcome the reality of all of that?

·
Registered
278 Posts
The reasons?
Increased cost of labor
Taxes on property and profits
Red tape - Tied in a pretty Bow
Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi............and ........

How many .22 pistols do you have to sell to overcome the reality of all of that?
If glock did it so can Springfield Armory

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
If glock did it so can Springfield Armory
Foreign factories establish US presence due to contract requirements to win bids with the US Military or the Feds (e.g. FBI).
If your are not in that situation it doesn't make financial sense to make the huge investment in creating the factory and then the higher cost to run the factory.

This discussion started with a .22 for an XD frame. The US military is not in the market for a whole lot of .22 pistols.
Beretta and Sig were successful in winning bids and thus they had US presence.
Glock did not win, but when you look at the profit margin they have, they can probably afford that presence. I am wondering if the Austria cost of living compares with that of the US, thus the cost per unit is similar. And I bet the cost of living/production in Croatia is far less then either Austria or America.

·
Registered
298 Posts
SR22, M&P22, or, Buckmark. All proven and reliable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
49 Posts
The M&P 22 will be a close comparison to the XD. The Ruger Mark IV 22/45 is an awesome fun pistol, but the controls are a bit dofferent than the XD. Still, a great pistol, bought a Lite version last year. Wife loves it.
I got the M&P 22 Compact for that reason. It doesn't have the grip safety, but is otherwise as close to an XD as I could get.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hell kitten 😆 i would buy 1 just to have a slide stamped with those words. I already know that it wouldn't be available in california. So I'd rather see a Advantage arms produce a 22 conversion for the sub compact XD.

I regret not buying a ruger sr22 when it was legal here in california. Now that there off the rooster my choice is a Advantage arms 22 conversion kit.
Why would a 22 be on the "No Buy" list in California? I know there might not be a rational reason, but I'd appreciate it if anyone could give an explanation.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Why would a 22 be on the "No Buy" list in California? I know there might not be a rational reason, but I'd appreciate it if anyone could give an explanation.
I know there might not be a rational reason, Man I almost pissed myself 😆. Here in the wonderful state of California we have a handgun roster, a list of handguns deemed "safe" for civilian use. The standards to be on the list were raised to the point where manufacturers don't even bother submitting test guns to try to get on the roster. Its a shame that these filthy corrupt politicians are allowed to continue to strip the rights of law abiding citizens. Crikey there releasing criminals from prison for crying out loud, while defunding our police.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
If Glock did it so can Springfield Armory
Glock sells a whole lot more guns if you have not noticed, SA is nowhere near the same marketing powerhouse.

Taurus TX-22

Reactions: Mike51392

·
Registered
278 Posts
Glock sells a whole lot more guns if you have not noticed, SA is nowhere near the same marketing powerhouse.

Taurus TX-22
Yup! got it. Like I said to me it really doesnt matter because I wouldn't be able to own it. I'd rather see a sub compact conversion kit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So I went to my local shop to test out the two M&Ps sizes in my wife's hands. The salesman put a MP15-22 in her hands, put a red dot on top. We now own a baby AR15. Still waiting on a M&P22 in full-frame to come into stock.

·
Registered
278 Posts
So I went to my local shop to test out the two M&Ps sizes in my wife's hands. The salesman put a MP15-22 in her hands, put a red dot on top. We now own a baby AR15. Still waiting on a M&P22 in full-frame to come into stock. View attachment 833185
Man I can picture a fat suppressor matching the diameter of the handguard and flip up sights. Super sexy 😍

21 - 40 of 50 Posts