Springfield XD Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,892 Posts
Also when you posted I wasn't in a position to buy another pistol but if you are still wanting to sell that USP40
Sorry for any misunderstanding, @DoveHunter... l have a compact magazine that l mistakenly bought for full-sized USP40. It's the compact mag that I'm willing to sell, the big HK stays. It keeps the even bigger .40 P30L company.
Good luck w your XDE project. I like the .40 just fine, but l don't go out of my way to get them... they tend to find me and l never turn a hot deal away just because the internet has made a concerted effort to convince me that it (40 S&W) is terrible. Or dead. Or old. Or out of favor. Or weak.

Reactions: Texas40

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Sorry for any misunderstanding, @DoveHunter... I like the .40 just fine, but l don't go out of my way to get them... they tend to find me and l never turn a hot deal away just because the internet has made a concerted effort to convince me that it (40 S&W) is terrible. Or dead. Or old. Or out of favor. Or weak.
Same for me.
And I own and carry a 45 as well
Both have a place.

I DO NOT nor will I own anything 9mm. Not a bandwagon rider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
I have lots of nines, just not a fan except for a course, then it is my XDM Competition as I do less reloading, especially using Elite 22 round Mags, but shorter courses (one or two days) I use 40 or 357 Sig. I have used a 1911 45 for a course, but you are constantly reloading

40 or 357 Sig is what I carry.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Same for me.
And I own and carry a 45 as well
Both have a place.

I DO NOT nor will I own anything 9mm. Not a bandwagon rider.

I dumped the .40 and .45 for the 9 because .40 and .45 are more expensive to shoot, follow up shots are slower and in a defensive situation they both suck.

I was shooting about 7k rounds per year with competitions and classes.

I still own my .45's but rarely use them now, because I learned the 9 will do the same job, quicker and cheaper.

No band wagon needed.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
I dumped the .40 and .45 for the 9 because .40 and .45 are more expensive to shoot, follow up shots are slower and in a defensive situation they both suck.

I was shooting about 7k rounds per year with competitions and classes.

I still own my .45's but rarely use them now, because I learned the 9 will do the same job, quicker and cheaper.

No band wagon needed.
I reload so “fun” shooting is less costly well it was anyway.
I have no issue with recoil/follow up shots.
And again now I can find some 40sw easier than 9 and 45 currently.

I like 40/45 and see no need to follow the herd.

To each their own.

Maybe you should go by 9mmfan now.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I reload so “fun” shooting is less costly well it was anyway.
I have no issue with recoil/follow up shots.
And again now I can find some 40sw easier than 9 and 45 currently.

I like 40/45 and see no need to follow the herd.

To each their own.

Maybe you should go by 9mmfan now.

I wasn't counting reloading, so you are correct there.
I am good for another year before I have to worry about buying ammo, I still have about 10 cases of .45 in the basement so I'll just use that for fun shooting.

As to recoil, it isn't that, it's that the muzzle moves more which takes more time to get the next shot on target, on a timer that hurts you.

I own 1 .40 still, its a service XD. That gun has no recoil to speak of but on a timer it is slower for a course of fire.

I was the guy catching hell about 6 years ago for shooting .45's while everyone else had switched to 9. An instructor had me switch guns with him for one if the drills and I scored better with his G19 that my XD .45 service compact.

No, I'm not a Glock guy, but that did open my eyes as to caliber choice.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts