Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I saw a Colt .22lr for sale at my local cabelas for 469.it was used but i thought maybe I can get this and convert it to 5.56 on the cheap?

Is it possible to do this for cheap money or am i overlooking something. Oh and the sales guy was an idiot, and he had no idea what i was talking about.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
No, the Umarex (Colt licensed) .22 AR cannot be converted to 5.56, and you can get one NEW for $469 at Budsgunshop.com

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
No problem, they do look pretty cool... I went with the M&P 15-22 for a cheap .22 AR plinker, havent had a chance to take it to the range yet though. Budgunshop also has a 5.56 AR made by Doublestar for $659, thats pretty low priced, but I dont know much about that brand...

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
No problem, they do look pretty cool... I went with the M&P 15-22 for a cheap .22 AR plinker, havent had a chance to take it to the range yet though. Budgunshop also has a 5.56 AR made by Doublestar for $659, thats pretty low priced, but I dont know much about that brand...

A few members here have got the double star.....I remember them saying it was great for the range and general use, but would not take them to war overseas.

For 700 dollars, its a good gun, but you can build a better unit for 800

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I got kind fo excited at first thinking I could get away with a mistake on Cabelas part and come out with a cheap AR. I tried to run a quick search on my droid but couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
A few members here have got the double star.....I remember them saying it was great for the range and general use, but would not take them to war overseas.

For 700 dollars, its a good gun, but you can build a better unit for 800
Thats kind of what I figured... you get what you pay for;)

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Thats kind of what I figured... you get what you pay for;)
Though a double star comes assembled and you can get it, clean and lube it, and then shoot it......no wait time on parts, build time, etc. Plus, in a HD capacity, its 10x better than a rock..... ;)

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Though a double star comes assembled and you can get it, clean and lube it, and then shoot it......no wait time on parts, build time, etc. Plus, in a HD capacity, its 10x better than a rock..... ;)
Thats very true about the rock LOL:p

I actually held the doublestar when I was down there at Buds, it doesnt seem junky or anything.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Thats very true about the rock LOL:p

I actually held the doublestar when I was down there at Buds, it doesnt seem junky or anything.
I haven't held one, but they don't seem junky on my screen......

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yeah, no handle or anything... I think it did have the front post, but no rear.

Heres the link... looks like they just sold out lol

Doublestar Star 15 CAR 16" HBAR .223 $659.00 SHIPS FREE
I wouldn't hesitate on a Doublestar. They're a pretty good manufacturer, although I'd bet Mega makes their lowers and uppers. They have a great rep, but frankly, a dopey logo, which is sadly plastered all over the side of their nice guns. :rolleyes:

Now this might prevent a "boutique buyer" like me from buying the brand. I ended up with a Mega lower, mostly because I liked their logo AND they're one of the largest manufacturers of lowers in the country. I mean, seriously - what the heck IS that thing, a pterodactyl? YEESH.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate on a Doublestar. They're a pretty good manufacturer, although I'd bet Mega makes their lowers and uppers. They have a great rep, but frankly, a dopey logo, which is sadly plastered all over the side of their nice guns. :rolleyes:

Now this might prevent a "boutique buyer" like me from buying the brand. I ended up with a Mega lower, mostly because I liked their logo AND they're one of the largest manufacturers of lowers in the country. I mean, seriously - what the heck IS that thing, a pterodactyl? YEESH.
LMAO! It does look like a pterodactyl... or a poorly designed phoenix of some sort. The logo doesnt bother me, as long as its made well and functions reliably... and doesnt look like junk, then that would work for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts