Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to the mods if this is the wrong place for this thread, I'm a newbie to the sight.
Two weeks ago I saw where a gun shop two hours away was running the xd essentials package for 399. With the 3 free mags it was a no brainer so I went and picked one up. The only regret I have is I didn't buy 2 more.
It was my first experience with an xd pistol.
I got it home and loved it. It was accurate as could be and no malfunctions through its first 300 rounds. The biggest + for me was the grip saftey. I finally have peace of mind carrying in condition one. I know the glocks I carried wouldn't magicaly go off but still it was in the back of my mind.
I love everything about the xd: the look, the feel, the accuracey, the trigger pull and reset, and saftey features. Also love the ease of carry iwb with a galco kingtuck holster.
I am currently in the process of changing my glocks over to xd's. Seven of the eight glocks will be sold or traded in favor of the xd's. Keeping the 27 for sentimental reasons(my first gun).
I did have an xdm 6 months ago to be honest, but it was bought and sold in 30 min. Fellow shoppper at a gun show offerd me 10 more dollars than what I paid for. Plus I had buyers remoarse, dang I wish I'd of kept it.

·
Registered
17,688 Posts
You nasty flip-flopper!

Hah...j/k welcome :p

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
You got the XD Service?

Enjoy your new toy and welcome.

It's funny how some people prefer the XD trigger over the Glock while others hate the XD trigger.

I personally like the XD trigger especially after about 500 rounds when it starts to smooth out.

·
Premium Member
127,151 Posts
No need to apologize. I actually have a Glock 22 in the same safe with my XDs! ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You got the XD Service?
no I got the subcompact 9mm. I came home and the wife was mad she didn't get one. I'm mad I didn't get the 40 service model. Now I want a bitone xd45. I can't believe how much I like this fire arm. I posted a thread on another forum entitled"guns that exceeded your expectations" and it was all about the xd.
The xd also made me turn on my hk's. They made me realize how much I over paid for something that no more reliable or accurate than an xd. Trust me my safe is getting an over haul. Sig and the SA xd fire arms are above the rest of the crowd imho.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
The trigger on my XD9sc after almost 6000 rounds is a bit mushy...it's smooth. My G19 trigger is still crisp, relatively speaking. Both stock. Neither are as good as my Beretta and Sig P226. Then those were not as good as my old 1911....it never ends!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
welcome to the forum from NC, and from another converted Glocker. haven't regreted it yet.... and probablly never will

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
The World has balance ... I picked up a G34 last week ... LOL

Welcome to the forum !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a noob too and I had the exact same experience. Started with an XD 40 Service and soon after shooting that for the first time I picked up an XDm 45. Selling my remaining Glock on Monday and then getting an XDm 9 3.8.

·
Registered
536 Posts
i'd give my left one to be able to post that title but until SA puts together a 10mm i'll have to stay put. i'm picking up a g29 tomorrow at the fun show(i hope)but i never sell my xdms(i gave my son my xd40 w/9mm conversion barrel).
i only wish our xd/xdms were as convertible as the glocks are, due to lwd making slides but i love the fact that none of my xdms have had to "go under the knife" like several of my glocks.
SA products are still very much the backbone of my collection!

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

I tried both before buying the XD. It didn't throw hot brass in my face like the Glock.

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep just like that one. Going to sell my g21 to get it. The full size Glocks are ugly to me unless the slide is stainless. The subs and mid size don't look bad at all but the full size are nothing to look at. The full size xd,s atent bad looking at all. I bought the 21 for reliability. Figured is get some look and some reliability with the xd.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I think the XD is an ugly weapon. I don't like looks of the long grip. A friend says he likes all my Glocks except the G21SF. He says it looks like a stick of butter.

·
Registered
570 Posts
....but it was bought and sold in 30 min. Fellow shoppper at a gun show offerd me 10 more dollars than what I paid for. Plus I had buyers remoarse, dang I wish I'd of kept it.
That should have been your first clue! ;)

Welcome to the XDm nation! :p

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I think the XD is an ugly weapon. I don't like looks of the long grip. A friend says he likes all my Glocks except the G21SF. He says it looks like a stick of butter.
I don't give a crap about how a gun looks as long as it shoots well and fulfills the role i need it for.

None of my guns are jewelry!

don

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
I don't give a crap about how a gun looks as long as it shoots well and fulfills the role i need it for.

don
Safe Queens Suck ;)

·
Registered
485 Posts

don
And that is the reason why I still have an XD45. It's ugly but it functions.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts