Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
That is not a conversion, it is an upgrade.

·
Registered
85 Posts
After touching the springfield xd at the local gun shop i was hooked, traded off my glock 21c and 36 for the Springfield xd .45 , will never go back. here are just a few pictures.
I feel the same. Glocks just don't fit my hand.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Congrats and welcome. However, trading 2 for 1 seems like not so good of a deal. But, whatever makes you happy.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I've had both a Glock 21 and G36....and can't say I don't blame you. I wanted another 45 and an XD was my first choice as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XDefense, i still have money in my pocket, i always sell then buy, i sold the G21 for $500 and the G36 for $450

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Oh good. From your post, it sounded like you traded both to a gun shop for the XD. Heck, you probably have enough left over to go pick up a sub-compact XD now! That money would be burning a hole in my pocket!

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Congrats and welcome...:)

·
Registered
638 Posts
I'm holding out for a Sub-compact .45, will they every make one?
I've been thinking about that since I first started with XD45s.

It'd be nice but I doubt that it's going to happen.

There are a couple of pistols on the market that fit the bill.

One is Taurus' PT145, a ten rd subcompact 45. They are just the right size and the go for $300 to $400. What you have to be careful about is that they have quality control issues and it's hard to find one that doesn't misfeed. You would have to insist on trying one on the range before buying.

Another option is Para Ordnance's P10-45, a 1911 style 10 rd subcompact. Made from the mid 90s to about 2003 they are hard to find. The next generation is the Warthog which is still in new production but the last few years have seen quality control issues at Para so you'd have to check them out carefully before buying.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a Taurus 745 before i got the XD, it had a hard time chambering a round from a full 6 round mag, the XD is super smooth, and i like having 14 round of .45 if i need it

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
XD 45sc no, I agree, that ship has sailed. Hopefully they rethink the XDM sc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I felt the same way. It was either the Glock26 or the xd9 sc for me. I like the extra safeties such as the palm grip safety of the xd9. Also the ambi mag release is a bonus.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome to the fourm and congrats on the sale and trade. XD Kool Aid is sooo much better than Glock's!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Is that a hollow point loaded in the chamber of you avatar?

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Congradulations. Nice choice made there.

"Resistance is Futile"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts