Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my Springfield XD 4" service (along with a number of other firearms) last year in anticipation of Kalifornia's ever-dwindling list of permitted firearms which refreshes (read: gets smaller) every Jan. 1. (if you're curious:CA DOJ list.)

Am considering IDPA & USPSA competition and this would be my only 9mm I'd consider competing with. Not practical to buy ANOTHER XD right now, so thought I'd ask if it's practical, even possible to buy a 2nd barrel and slide. My presumption is that it will work with my frame, but...am I wrong?

I do have a couple of 1911 45s, but ammo diff. is pricey...I did spend a lot last year, so prefer to choose 9mm for its economy...I'll shoot/practice more.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Bought my Springfield XD 4" service (along with a number of other firearms) last year in anticipation of Kalifornia's ever-dwindling list of permitted firearms which refreshes (read: gets smaller) every Jan. 1. (if you're curious:CA DOJ list.)

Am considering IDPA & USPSA competition and this would be my only 9mm I'd consider competing with. Not practical to buy ANOTHER XD right now, so thought I'd ask if it's practical, even possible to buy a 2nd barrel and slide. My presumption is that it will work with my frame, but...am I wrong?

I do have a couple of 1911 45s, but ammo diff. is pricey...I did spend a lot last year, so prefer to choose 9mm for its economy...I'll shoot/practice more.

Thanks!
SA will not sell you a slide, there was a post here about a after market slide available but very pricey.

Don

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Slides pop up on Gunbroker sometimes. There's a few listed there now though not what you're looking for. I see them on eBay from time to time. That's probably your best bet for OEM.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...I appreciate the feedback. I always figure if there are people putting on pricey aftermarket parts, those same people are interested in recouping part of that priciness! Go eBay!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts