Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

I am interested in getting another XD(sold the one I had a couple years ago). I am interested in 9mm and 357 sig. I have heard of guys getting xd40s and converting them to 357 sig. I have also heard of an xd40 9mm conversion barrel.

My question is, are all of the chassis' the same size? Can I get an xd9 then later get a 357 conversion, or do I need to get a 40 chassis to do the conversion?

Essentially, the question is, can I buy an xd9 service size pistol and get a 357(and maybe a 40) conversion barrel?

thanks for the info fellas

-Boe

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Boeman said:
=Essentially, the question is, can I buy an xd9 service size pistol and get a 357(and maybe a 40) conversion barrel?
Not with what is currently on the market. You can go smaller (9mm & .357SIG conversion barrels for an XD40), but not larger. The .40S&W and .357SIG take a larger OD barrel than the 9mm, due to the larger bullet diameter and higher pressure, respectively.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, thanks for the info.

So, just to clarify; Can I buy an xd in .357 sig and get a 9mm conversion barrel?

thanks

-boe

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
buy larger and get smaller conv barrel

·
Registered
54 Posts
eh.. I bought a 9 service.. and for what I use it for (mainly target/practice/fun) the 9mm makes the most sense.

I'm looking to get a .40 sub. That would be carry etc. For home protection the 9 makes me plenty happy. ammo is cheap (the old well place 9 better than blah blah speech) but also I don't want to shoot through the wall if something DOES happen

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
armatron said:
but also I don't want to shoot through the wall if something DOES happen
If you are talking about interior walls constructed of drywall (aka sheetrock, gypsum board, etc), 9 or .40 really doesn't matter - it's goin' through unless you hit a stud (or the BG).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts