Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I believe I can provide some insight. However, it is from an XD perspective. I purchased an XD-9 service 11/2008. First pistol. After shooting it for a year, I decided I would like to try an XD-40 service. Within the last month or so, I sold the 9 and purchased a 40. I also purchased a 9mm conversion barrel from Pistol gear as well as a Don's guide rod and a 22# recoil spring. First off, IMO the 22# spring with the Don's guide rod reduced the perceived recoil when shooting 40 cal rounds by about 40 %. Much more manageble. When I want to shoot 9mm, I go with the stock (40) guide rod and spring and the conversion barrel. Shoots very accurate. I have not had any FTE issues, although my son did when he shot it. I think it was due to limp wristing. So from my point of view, I have two pistols for the cost of one + $200. And to tell you the truth, the 9mm is more enjoyable to shoot (and cheaper by almost 50%) when firing in quantity for practice. Sorry to get kind of lengthy. Happy Holidays to all from up here in the North Country.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts