Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't think it would be possible to go from .40 to .45GAP as the diameter of the barrel is larger in the .45 and therefore the opening in the slide would have to be larger...

·
Registered
49 Posts
[
You had to go and say that! Here I was all set in buying the 9mm conversion for my V-10 ported!

Any idea when the .45 barrel will be available.

CAN YOU SAY GROUP BUY!

·
Registered
40 Posts
TRYZUB said:
CAN YOU SAY GROUP BUY!
GROUP BUY!!!!!!!! :shock: 8)

truth be told I want a 9mm for cheaper shooting, but hell I'd carry a 45 as well.

3 guns in one, for under $700

now where's that .22 conversion at?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Old School said:
Actually, the OD on the barrels are the same, from what I was told. Stay tuned, I am sure they will be out in a few months.

Scott
If that's the case would there be conversion barrel vice versa. If I were to buy a 40 then I'd just buy a 45 GAP.

vega

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm with the Drew I don't think it can be done from a .40 to a .45 GAP, not because of the barrel but because of the .40 breech face not being large enough to fit a .45 round.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well so much for that exciting news, well back to the 9mm conversion for my .40 ported, by the way the Don's Rod and #22 spring ensemble on the ported .40 worked just fine, non hiccups on the range.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any problems extracting spent shells with the 9mm conversion for a .40 ? Wasn't sure how the extractor would catch the smaller diameter case.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1. XD Service 9mm
XD Service Model 9mm Conversion Standard Barrel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. XD Service 9mm Conversion
XD Service Model 9mm Conversion Standard Barrel

This is two different barrels as listed as options on the EFK FireDragon web site. I'm a little confused as to which one to buy as I have an xd 40 and want a 9mm barrel for it. Can someone tell me what the difference is between the two and which one I should get for my 40?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
ehh, just buy it at pistol-gear.com..Thats what I did and it worked on my xd40 service..I think the price is the same, but your supporting one of this forums fine sponsors :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pistol gear is out of stock, already tried them....Even if I wait for pistol gear to get them in stock, does anybody know what the difference is between the 2 barrels on the EFK site...just curious now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts