Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a .357 Sig Barrel for my XD-40 Tactical. Does anyone know if EFK is better than BarSto barrels or vice versa. Any suggestions/experience with this would be appreciated. :?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have an EFK barrel and I like it. The crowning on it isn't all that great but it shoots where I point it. I think others on the board generally like theirs as well. I have seen 2 people on the board that are having small problems with it being drop in. I have always heard the BarSto barrels are good and will hold a certain accuracy value(don't know what it is), but they do cost more and they're not guaranteed to drop in either.

The real question is what are you going to use it for and how much do you want to pay?

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Barsto's I think are th ebest. That is who makes SA's match barrels for the XD

EFK's dont suck, dont get me wrong. BTW

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've been looking into BarSto. IF the barrel doesnt' drop in, they have you send the slide and barrel back to them and for $15 IIRC they will fit it.

I will probably do this on the 9 Tactical since it doesn't shoot nearly as well as either of my Service guns or my Subcompact. The Tactical barrel has what appears to be machine chatter marks inside. I contacted Springfield about this, but wasn't impressed with the response. I'll post that experience in a different note.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts