Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I finally had a chance to got to the local indoor range to try out a Conversion barrel I picked up for my 40. I picked it up used from a list member for $90 with about 1k rounds threw it. I was on the fence about getting a conversion barrel but the cheap price made me do it. All I can say is wow, it shoots great, no problems with feeding 9mm at all. I used my Don’s guide rod and 22# spring and stock 40 cal mags. The worst that happen is the ejected casing where every so often flying back at me but no big deal. The barrel itself is top quality drops right in made of Stainless it looks really good with the SS guide rod. I was able to change back and forth in under 30 seconds easy, and as a new handgun shooter I know I was more accurate with the 9mm. All in all if anyone is thinking about getting a conversional barrel I would say go for it. I love the EFK barrel, and I figure 8 more trips using 9mm ammo and its paid itself off.

On a side note anyone know any good ways to breack in a Galco model FL440B Leather holster in, its very hard to holster my XD and it wants to push the slide back and its diffcult to draw from as it sticks. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Wipe your gun down with a good corrosion protectant and place it in the bag that the holster came in and then shove the gun down in the holster for a day or two. Take the gun and bag out of the holster and then place just the gun back in the holster again. Now you should feel a looser fit. Also, the more you wear it, the more it will loosen up, kinda like a pair of leather shoes. I normaly do the bag trick and then wear my gun around the house as much as possible doing my daily activities to further speed up the process.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I used a thick sock to wrap my gun before putting it in the holster. I left it that way for a couple days, and when I took it out, it was much easier to draw. And like ichy says, wear it around the house for awhile as well. Mine is a Galco FLETCH for a USPf .45 and it's finally contoured to my shape, so it works quite well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts