Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know people might be partially biased towards the XDS in this forum, but I thought I would ask those who may have also handled the Glock 42. I know they are different calibers but I have held the 42 and like the feel. Curios to see what might be preferred the XDS in 9mm or Glock 42? Looking for a new CCW pocket pistol for deep concealment and torn between the two, thanks everyone.

· Registered
145 Posts
Well it's a little apples to oranges as it is 9mm versus 380. I have the xds the shield and the 42. In terms of shooting for my preference disregarding size I like the shield then the 42 then the xds. In terms of carrying daily I carry the shield in. A N82 most days. Only carry the 42 when I am out in tighter fitting clothes or shorts. 42 without question is easier for me to conceal. In my humble opinion the 42 is a better shooter than the xds.

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Deep concealment is something I am going for with this purchase, especially with the summer months upon us I am going to need something thin and light. A lot of positives on both models, obviously caliber is something that hits home with people and I am impartial to both .380 and 9mm. I do not want to open that debate. Typically like to carry full size models though out the rest of the year but need that small carry piece.

· Banned
6,642 Posts
I have both and the glock 42 is like my American Express, I never leave home with out it. My XDs has been retired to safe duty. Once you hold a g42 the XDs seems big and once you start carrying the 42 the XDs seems heavy.

I still can't believe some one hasn't posted the 380 was a cute fad Springfield advertisement yet. You may want to look at a shield. I just added that to my collection as well. My carry options are either a G30s, Gen 2 G19, Shield, XDs or the G42 and the g42 always seems to win.

· Registered
230 Posts
I have an xds 9mm, an xds 45, and a G42. I agree that .380 is inferior to 9mm by a fair bit, is more expensive, and harder to find. Nevertheless, Id rather carry the G42. The G42 has a crisper trigger (though a little stiffer). If the xdses didn't have such mushy triggers, it might be a different story.

The G26 is my main carry gun. For me, it's better than the xds in every way except for the extra thickness it has - trigger, simplicity, parts availability, mainly though, hand fit and the way I can shoot it. But I'm extremely lazy, and carrying the G42 is just so easy, I find myself doing that more and more (appendix with a Remora).

I've tried to like the xdses, and I'll keep trying a bit longer, but to me, they are just OK - I like my Glocks a lot more.

· Registered
554 Posts
I have both and the glock 42 is like my American Express, I never leave home with out it. My XDs has been retired to safe duty. Once you hold a g42 the XDs seems big and once you start carrying the 42 the XDs seems heavy.
For me the XDs is as small as I could comfortably go and still have something that worked with my hands... and the weight helps make the gun more controllable IMO.

Then again, weight wouldn't bother me anyway - my normal EDC is a CZ 75BD ;) The XDs is for when I can't dress around the gun as much (i.e. hot weather, dressier occasions)

· Banned
6,642 Posts
Since standardizing pistol calibers a while back to 9mm or .22LR, I have not been able to bring myself to buy a pistol chambered in anything new .. I just find the cost of stockpiling new calibers too prohibitive.
Once I started reloading this was no longer a concern.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.