Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So...against all my better judgement, I think I'm gonna pick up something new...I have that...itch. Figured I'd consult the hive mind, because having other people make my decisions is easier than having to make my own.

:wink:

Here's my options:

Colt 6951 9mm carbine--I used to have a 9mm AR, traded it for something I didn't keep, kinda feel like I shoulda kept it...and 9mm carbines are just. F***ing. FUN. I'll likely do SBR paperwork on it and find an old 9mm Commando upper for it in the future.

-or-

Used M11A1 and a J-frame TBD (probably a 49/649)--my buddy has a gently used M11, which he picked up because he already had one, and this one had a pretty good price. I'll find the J-frame later--but I really want a humpback with a steel frame.

-or-

Glock 41 and a RIA 9mm. Held the G41, and...Gaston's Grace fell upon me; this is the Glock that will bring me back into the fold (except, I'll probably never carry it; it'll be a dedicated house gun). The RIA is a Tactical, and would make a perfect host for my .22 conversion when it's not a 9mm.

-or (the dark horse)-

A long barreled (8-3/8") M686-? (pre lock) and something else TBD--either a J-frame or RIA 9mm, most likely. Why? Because.

So, hive mind, have at it. The prices on these all come out pretty much the same, give or take $100.

And buying them all is simply not an option right now.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I'd vote the 8 3/8' 686! a plus model if available preferably :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Glock 41 and RIA 1911 is my vote

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
No surprise, I'd go for the long barrel wheelie. I suspect there's a 9 Rock in my future as well.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Gah, I can see why you're going back and forth on that list. If I had those choices, I'd probably go for the 9mm carbine or the G41/9mm RIA combo. I'm all about having fun, since I have all the "serious" guns I want right now. Well, except a long range bolt action... :D

The 686 sounds like fun, too.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
I am no Glock fan, so that one is out for me. I am not super crazy about the M11A1. So for me, it is an easy win for the 9mm carbine. As you said, the fun factor is pretty high on those.

·
Banned
0 Posts
9mm carbine

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
G41 frame the same size as the 21?

You could get a Mech tech CCU and have a Glock mag accepting .45 carbine for fun when it's not in HD pistol mode

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Oh yeah....

So G41 and a mech tech it is!

Ive been eyeing bare G20 frames on gunbroker and thinking about how fun it'd be to have a 10mm carbine.

I need to get reloading gear first though but temptations man!

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
9mm Carbine...Was looking at a Ruger camp 9 just the other day....but you know I'm partial to wheel guns also.....lol

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
The carbine description is the ONLY one that had the word "FUN" in it, a subconscious vote I suspect.
So, if you DON'T want to have a subconscious argument with yourself and become a mass murderer, you owe it to society to get the Carb.

:twisted:

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Again..

·
Registered
19,923 Posts

Looks kinda fun. They're cheap too. Under 400 and seems to get pretty damn good reviews.

Yeah, I need one in 10mm. Or 9.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I vote for the Colt or the 686. I'd probably give the edge to the Smith, as I like long barreled revolvers. I'd also probably blow through way too much 9mm with the Colt.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts