Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.consolevault.com/

A while back, I was seriously looking into redesigning the plastic insert in my Jeep console... and finding someone who could create me a nice locking steel insert, complete with a really wicked-hardcore spring loaded rotary-pop-up holster that presents itself to you upon opening 'er up.

Well, this thing's a far cry from the wicked-coolness I was looking into, and they don't have one for Jeeps (WHAT?! AN ACCESSORY THAT YOU CAN'T GET FOR A JEEP?!) but with all the radio thefts lately, I figured some of you would be looking for something more secure than that spot under your seat caked with gum, sunflower seeds, dog hair, and french fries.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've seen things like this for jeeps before. Maybe not this "industrial" though. I used to have a 61 Willy and a friend made me a center console box out of diamond plated aluminum sprayed with Rhino Liner. It wasn't a bank safe. But, it worked wonders for my faceplate and car keys. Yes, I kept the jeep keys and house keys in it. It had a 5 button combo lock on it that was "procured" from a door on my last ship. He was willing to build a holster in it if I wanted.

If I can find him again, do you want me to see if he can make you one?

By The Way, do you post on packing.org? It's funny, I read this here and then went over there, and saw almost the exact same thing.. but the writer was... A GLOCK FAN..... Say it ain't you...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]I figured some of you would be looking for something more secure than that spot under your seat caked with gum, sunflower seeds, dog hair, and french fries.
Actually, I've got a baseball sized peice of gravel and a copy of John Steinbeck's "Cannery Row" under my seat. But that's beside the point, really... :)

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slowpoke, no, I didn't post it there, but I did read about it there. :) I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee (Transmission is dead for the second time, grrr) so I'd be looking to replace the little plastic liner in the console, and not pulling the whole console out. But in any case, with the new Jasper transmission going in, I really can't afford many additional fun accessories for a while.

Mrow, a baseball sized piece of gravel becomes a rock, not gravel. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
That's pretty cool, but I have a Jeep too (Wrangler) so no go here. They DO make a nice all-steel console witha lockable top, at least for the Wrangler, but I've got the big mondoo 7-speaker stereo and that's where they put my subwoofer so very little room there.

I've looked at the under-seat safes that bolt to the floor. There's some promise there. Also, I've got an add-a-trunk with my ham radio bolted in it. There might be room back there for a floor safe. This way they'd have to break open the tailgate and THEN break open the safe. I'd add a car-voltage powered light in there so the alarm system would go off if it was opened. I don't make it a practice to leave my guns unattended in the Jeep though (or anything else valuable for that matter).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts