Springfield XD Forum banner

How many of you guys have shot the RA9T Ranger ammo and are satisfied with it's performance through

• Yes, I am satisfied. And I use this as my primary defense round.

• Yes, i am satisfied, but I DO NOT carry this as my primary defense round.

• No, I was not satisfied. It shot crooked / FTF / FTE / etc..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
I don't carry but got pretty good accuracy when shooting it. My sight is off on my hs2000 so I know it wasn't the ammo shooting off.

I did shoot it thru some old cars on my dads farm and it held together very good. One shot went thru a windshield and then thru the back window of a pickup and it retained 75-80% of it's shape and size.

I liked it. I shot it thru truck windows, thru the side of an old boat, and thru a wood pallet.

The only time it fragmented was when shooting re-setable, metal targets, obviously.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
My former dept. went with the Ranger Black Talon ammo when it first came out in the early 90s (I think). When that became politically incorrect and they they renamed it Ranger Talon without the propietary black covering, they changed to that. The dept. did extensive testing of numerous rounds before selecting it.

We all carried it as required and since retiring and purchasing an XD for ccw use, that is all I carry in 147gr.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts