Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Not in my opinion. What makes it better than like priced weapons? A name?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Here's one for $1400. $1393.58 - Colt LE6940 LE Carbine 223 - LE6940

If a colt is what you want then get it.

There IS a bottom line when it comes to AR type weapons. It all depends on what your intended use is for it. Work gun/dedicated defense/SHTF weapon? Don't scrimp on what you want to get something that will break and is NOT the same quality, plain and simple.

If it's going to be a safe queen/ weekend plinker/range toy, there are those out there too.

If that is not what you want to spend, there are colts in the <=1,000 range out there. Also there is BCM, DD, in that price range.

A lot of reading but should be read when someone wants to buy(preferably before), an AR.

Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands - M4Carbine.net Forums

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
THe LE line is still being made, it isn't discontinued.

Colt re-introduced the SP line this year to go along with the Match Target series. One model is the SP6920 and the other is the SP6940. SP is the initials for "Sporter".

Colt Manufacturing - SP, Match Target, handguns
Colt Defense - LE and .mil rifles

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is a discontinued model... Colt LE6940 worth stepping up to $1599 + tax for?

EDIT: Ended up negotiating a deal for the LE6940. See new post for update.
I negotiated a deal with my local gun shop for the Colt LE6940. Picked it up for $1500 plus tax with 3 P-Mags, 100 rounds of ammo and a foregrip.

I know it still is a bit steep, however, I feel really good about the weapon and the deal they gave me. Also, I got to walk out the door with the weapon in hand, no having to wait for back order. I have to think that is worth something as well. I will be taking it out to the range ASAP and will report back. Photos to follow soon.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I'd say you did alright :D , glad you picked it up!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeh, this is killing me. I need to get out to shoot it quickly! Looking at it sit here is too much!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats and pics are in order...:)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Congratulations. I recently went black, also...considered the 6940, the price was just so steep. Wound up with a Daniel Defense v1 for $1048........I couldn't refuse.

You gonna take any class? Luckily, my fine FFL gave me his "nickel tour" of the AR. I'd have been lost.

Can't wait to read your range report....

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
It is discontinued to an extent, It is now called the "Sporter M4" I have held one, and does not have the "RESTRICTED MILITARY/GOVERNMENT LAW ENFORCEMENT/EXPORT USE ONLY" engraved on the lower. However the LE6940 is still available, just not in this exact form. You can buy it if there are any left or a private sale. I believe however it is the same rifle. I did not open her up and look at the internals but I am sure its the same. I love my LE6940, lets see some pics!!!

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Your cousin Lana says Hi! Maybe we can set up a play date for the two... haha

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just ordered a ergonomic grip from Stark Equipment for her. The grip has a swivel mount on the back side so I can attach a single point sling with a quick disconnect swivel. It also has an integrated, gloved finger, trigger guard. http://shop.starkequipment.com

Next, I am going to upgrade the butt stock to a Magpul ACS mil-spec.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Just ordered a ergonomic grip from Stark Equipment for her. The grip has a swivel mount on the back side so I can attach a single point sling with a quick disconnect swivel. It also has an integrated, gloved finger, trigger guard. http://shop.starkequipment.com

Next, I am going to upgrade the butt stock to a Magpul ACS mil-spec.
Lookin good brother. Pics are lookin sweet, now you need to order the MAGPUL B.A.D. Lever, will let you reload in like 2 seconds. and you said you got that JP trigger spring kit on the way, you will love that. Let me know if you have any questions about the LE6940, I will be glad to help a fellow Colt lover. I have a B.A.D. A.S.S. Ambi safety selector on the way too, check those out, you will like it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts