Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for something smaller to carry on occaision. Normally I carry one of my full-size Sig P226s. I've owned several XD's in the past and like the gun, but I've never owned the subcompact model. I like the look of the bi-tone one's, black and silver, OD and black, do they make an OD/SS combo? I saw an XD45 in that and it looked sharp.

Anyhow, post any pictures you have of your SC's, epsecially the bi-tone ones, and how you like them for carry and use.

Thanks,

M.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have been carrying my XD9sc for about 3 months now. Carry it in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I highly recommend it for CC and it's a blast at the range too. Accuracy is great for a gun this size and in 9mm recoil is very easy to handle. Most of the members here will agree that it's a great pistol. But I'd say best bet is to go shoot one and see how it feels. Im going to move to an XD45 compact so this one is for sale. Wish I could keep both!!:cry:

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
You won't see a lot of complaints about the SC.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mine's basic black. My carry gun when I'm looking for something smaller than a 1911, since January 08. I've got Pearce grip extension on it now, a highly recommended accessory. Usual holster is a Blade-Tech IWB. Now that I'm wearing another layer with cooler weather, It's in a Fobus.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
So far I love the look of my 9mm SC but I still havent shot it.:( Havent had time.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just got the XD40 SC yesterday so now I'm an expert. :D I really like it. I went with black. I love black guns! I also have the XD40 4" and I thought the recoil on the SC might be unmanageable due to the short barrel. I took a chance on it and was really happy with it. The difference in recoil between the 2 is hardly noticeable. Very fun gun to shoot and they look so cool. You will like it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I got my wife the 9mm SC earlier this year so she would have something to shoot while we are at the range and I'm shooting my .40 XD. It turns out that I really love both of them. I'd be extremely happy to pick up another 9mm SC to carry day to day. The wife refuses to give up hers. ;)

·
Registered
815 Posts
my xd9sc in my crossbreed supertuck!

This is an amazing gun im im with you..i love the bitone models. ive had two. and although they dont offer the subby in OD/SS i also think its sexy. u could always get the OD and get it hard chromed if u wanted to!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've had mine a little less than a year. I like it. I don't love it, but I like it.

PRO's:

Lightweight
Reliable
Fairly accurate (more to come on CON's side)
Like the bi-tone slide finish, nicely done
Love the larger mag with free extension for grip

CON's:

Not very accurate compared to other guns in the same size
Blocky and thick, too much for IWB carry IMO
Recoil is far more noticeable than some other similar sized guns
Not as refined as my other similar sized guns

I bought mine only for one purpose... to carry in a large coat pocket in the winter, and it works very well for that. If I want to carry any other way and it must be the same size... I reach for my EMP, or slightly larger P7M8. The XD9C just isn't as nice or as refined... but to keep it in perspective, it costs less than HALF of those. But on the other hand, I have owned a few Glock 26's and they were far better performers. It's odd though... my xd40 v10 outperforms every Glock 23 I've ever owned or shot, so go figure!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have owned a few Glock 26's and they were far better performers. It's odd though... my xd40 v10 outperforms every Glock 23 I've ever owned or shot, so go figure!
This is the Exact reason I purchased my XD9. 2 days before I jumped, it came down to the glock 26, S&W M&P9 compact, and XD9 SC. I took a glock 26 to the range, but didnt get to test a M&P.

I am so glad I tried the glock..........I do not have words that can describe how the gun felt in my hand, lets just say, I would rather hold a moist piece of human feces (sorry, just how i felt).

Anyways, I love the XD9 sub compact ergonomics, accuracy, and looks.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Not very accurate compared to other guns in the same size
Blocky and thick, too much for IWB carry IMO
Recoil is far more noticeable than some other similar sized guns
Not as refined as my other similar sized guns
!
i have to disagree1 although the xdsc is a little thick kits not TOO thick or block by any means for IWB carry! and i think alot of ppl can atest to this on here! if u have the right holster then its completely fine! i have a crossbreed supertuck for mine and i for get its there most of the time! and as far as accuracy is concerned, i find mine very accurate for a subcompact! its no tack drive but is about as good as u can expect from a gun of its size!

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
I have a few XDs but not the 9sc. My gf carries the 9sc and I enjoy shooting it. I can rip through 10 rounds in her pistol and still maintain a tight group. It's even manageable when shooting one handed, which I practice sometimes too. I plan on owning one someday.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
I won't pay more for a bitone gun when it costs them zero more to make the plastic pieces in a color other than black. It does look good in the green and the brown colors, however.

If you use a Kydex holster, the chromed slide is worth the money because those holsters will eventually wear the bluing off the guns metal slide and it doesn't happen with the chromed slide.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I seriously considered the XD 9 SC when I was looking for a new 9mm. I narrowed it down to the XD, Glock 26, and Glock 19.

I ended up going with the 19. When all three guns are compared, the 19 is only slightly larger than both of them with more mag capacity. I love how the 19 performs at the range too. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of these choices, however. All great options.

·
Registered
815 Posts
thats why i picked up a g19 this weekend to compliment my xd9sc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts